My store categories selection on the left hand of the item selling page is missing.

There was some information about search words in a community discussion but not sure if it is connected. I have tried to retrieved it and have spent to much time on it. I'm sure the eBay buyers miss it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My store categories selection on the left hand of the item selling page is missing.

Store categories on the left side of a listing page have been missing for weeks now. It is a know eBay issue and has been discussed on eBay.com USA forums a lot and to a lesser extent here on eBay.ca forums.

What eBay did to break this, no one knows. Why it is taking weeks, no one knows. eBay has been glitchy this year far more than any other time I know of. Issues are taking weeks to fix if at all. A very unstable site now with image hosting issues, search issues. Incredible what is happening.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Store categories on the left side of a listing page have been missing for weeks now. It is a know eBay issue and has been discussed on eBay.com USA forums a lot and to a lesser extent here on eBay.ca forums.

What eBay did to break this, no one knows. Why it is taking weeks, no one knows. eBay has been glitchy this year far more than any other time I know of. Issues are taking weeks to fix if at all. A very unstable site now with image hosting issues, search issues. Incredible what is happening.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I entered my discussion board search words a couple of times at different times and bought up nothing each time. I  thought is was something I had done during store changes.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Will it be brought back, do you know? I'm twitchy about this. I counted on that listing frame to show actual information of value. I've been through the boards on ebay.ca and .com but everyone talking about it seems to use different terminology for posing their question and/or discussion so there is little continuity to be found in the threads. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

See the thread I started on this a few days ago: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-Stores/Category-list-has-disappeared/m-p/295742#M1065

... and the "Weekly Board Hour" for March 4, 2015 -- see my Post #3, question (1), Raphael's Post #7 in reply to question (1) and note his "UPDATE", and my Post #11, in response, although I hadn't seen his "UPDATE" at that point.  

So although he initially said he was unaware, they now know about the problem.  I consider it fairly serious.  As of today my store categories are still missing when a listing is opened.  When will it be fixed?  Who know? Woman LOL

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I read it afterwards, I know. Thank you. Again, I had to miss the board hour because midday midweek is the worst time for me to participate.

I agree it's a fairly big problem that needs to be addressed. Perhaps store subscribers should begin to request partial compensation in the form of a refund on store fees for the time it has been absent due to this 'bug'. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

THEY'RE BACK! THEY'RE BACK! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply