Product Identifier error: UPC missing 'value'?

This morning, one of my perfectly-good listings is giving me a 'recommendation' to fix it and when I try to do so, rejects the correct UPC as 'missing a value' but it isn't. Anyone seen this and what does it mean? I tried the usual 'add a zero' and it did not alleviate the problem. Also tried switching it to a new category. There is nothing to match in the catalogue. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

JPG Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 7.11.45 AM.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Did you try the "clear your browser cache, cookies" routine as well as another browser. Generally not useful but sometimes this helps.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

This morning, one of my perfectly-good listings is giving me a 'recommendation' to fix it and when I try to do so, rejects the correct UPC as 'missing a value' but it isn't. Anyone seen this and what does it mean?

What it means is eBay has screwed up again, since 4895028509798 is a valid UPC code (I'm assuming no accidental use of "O" instead of "0"). Google search shows the UPC appears to be tied to the "LEGO Movie Unikitty Key Light".

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Not yet. I tried tinkering with a number of different aspects of the listing in question, thinking perhaps it didn't like the category where it was placed or the fact it's a bundle but nothing I do seems to make it work.

Is this type of thing being reported elsewhere? Like, the 'value' error. Is that a regular error or a new one?

It shows as a red flag in the Bulk Editor and not just an orange flag.

Bulk Editor dislikes the listing so intently now that it won't let me hit 'submit' on it at all. Often, the warning will be merely an orange flag that can be ignored but this one isn't like that. It also won't accept 'Does Not Apply' as a value.

I haven't tried opening anything else with Bulk Editor, thinking that maybe it will infect and spread to other listings. 

Where are we supposed to report problems with Product Identifiers or the Product Catalogue?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

... I tried tinkering with a number of different aspects of the listing in question, thinking perhaps it didn't like the category where it was placed or the fact it's a bundle but nothing I do seems to make it work.

A bundle shouldn't be using a UPC code that applies to a single item.

Have you tried leaving the the UPC slot empty?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

..... A bundle shouldn't be using a UPC code that applies to a single item.

Have you tried leaving the the UPC slot empty?

With a self-created bundle (as opposed to one provided by the manufacturer) Ebay Canada personnel twice told me to pick one UPC and use that, and to pick the item that most buyers would seek. With the now-cursed listing in question, I tried leaving the UPC field empty but it was rejected completely. Does Not Apply also failed but I wonder now if the fact it had TWO UPCs noted within the description was the deal breaker. Perhaps my new problem be linked to http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m09/i01/s01

".....eBay planned to require sellers to include Product Identifiers for items with variations as of September 1st. But on Friday, eBay announced that sellers had run into some technical issues when trying to comply with the requirement to add identifiers to multi-variation listings. The announcement was made on the eBay UK board."

Maybe the next time I look at any one of my bundles, I will see them all rejected whereas every single listing had been compliant until now.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Message 8 of 8
latest reply