Seller Hub on .ca

When is Seller Hub going to be available on the .ca site?

I've been using Turbo Lister for 10 years, have 6000+ active and about 1000 inactive listings there. Have Selling Manager Pro but haven't used it to create listings yet. 

The boards are saying to list with Selling Manager for the .ca site (and Seller Hub for .com) 

Should I bother making templates and listings on Selling Manager seeing they are going to withdraw it too, or stick with TL until the end and hope the transferring tools promised will work?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seller Hub on .ca

I've never used Turbo Lister since it's not, to my understanding, Mac compatible. 

Selling Manager on ebay.ca will roll into the Seller Hub when it becomes available here. That's the reason that Turbo Lister users are being told to switch to it. Your drafts in Selling Manager are supposed to be used to replace TL but I highly doubt it's capable of storing 1,000 drafts and they do expire after 30 days. It may hold 1,000 or not, there have been conflicting reports about that, but it doesn't save them forever. That is beyond doubt. 

Other sellers can tell you more about comparing Selling Manager to Tutbo Lister.

I use Selling Manager exclusively. Selling Manager Pro is too messy an interface for me. Selling Manager doesn't allow you to store anything off-site like TL does; it is a web-based software service only. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Seller Hub on .ca

Also on Mac but as I've said on the board my draft folder isn't working ... I can put 7 in it and when I put an 8th one in #1 goes off into cyber space. So I am now listing each item individually ..... create in Filemaker then queen of cut & paste. I have spoken to ebay numerous times and the last conversation ( a week ago) I just asked easy yes or no is it going to be fixed "we're still collecting data" what? the CSR explained they forward "issues" to the appropriate dept. then they collect data ie how many sellers complain/ it effects then after the "data collection period" whatever time frame that may be, then they will make the executive decision on if it will be fixed or not. I did ask is the draft issue just me, he did verifiy that it is a "intermittant" issue. (aren't they all)

On a side note, I was talking to my MP office yesterday (Conservative) and asked what measures are being inputted from the big postal review ..... none, pardon, none it's been quietly scrapped. Another eg. of our tax $$$ at work, thank you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Seller Hub on .ca

If you look up drafts in eBay.ca help, only 7 are kept and the 8th one causes the oldest to be dropped.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

Availability of your saved drafts

A few things to keep in mind:

• You can save up to 7 drafts at a time in the standard listing tool and up to 20 drafts in the bulk listing tool.

• If you add a draft after reaching the limit, your oldest draft is dropped.

• If more than 30 days go by after you edit a draft, it's dropped.

• You can delete a draft by clicking Delete in the draft list.

On eBay.com, the same help is there.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

The above are supposed to be for casual sellers using My eBay only for selling who do not subscribe to Selling Manager. If a seller was subscribed to free eBay Selling Manager, the seller had many more drafts available (supposedly thousands but conflicting reports on how many from what I read in the forums). Now the eBay Seller Hub is available on eBay.com for all (mandatory now?) replacing Selling Manager so I do not think the 7 limit exists anymore on eBay.com.

On eBay.ca there is no Seller Hub yet. A seller has to subscribe to Selling Manager to get more drafts and I believe this is still true. Recently, many sellers were forced into getting Selling Manager to have more drafts available to be able to use the free eBay migration tool for the dropping of USD listings in spring last year.

Now subscribing to eBay Selling Manager add Selling Manager modules for Selling for Active, Sold and UnSold listings and makes them the default. While quite similar to the same modules in My eBay Selling, the changes confused a lot of sellers when they appeared who were using the migration tool.

So I believe that if you subscribe to free eBay Selling Manager on eBay.ca then you could have more drafts but you would have to deal with the different look and feel of Selling Manager. You can still access the My eBay modules but I believe it can be tricky to find them.

Eventually when the Seller Hub comes to eBay.ca in a few months, all sellers will be forced into the Seller Hub and the my eBay modules for Selling will disappear. (My eBay will still exist with all the familiar buying and purchasing modules left.)

The new Seller Hub is quite similar to the old eBay Selling Manager in some ways but the look of the main Overall Hub page is quite different. Selling Manager users will not have too much trouble adapting to the Seller Hub. However, users of My eBay Selling modules may be shocked and confused by the Seller Hub look and feel. From what I read in the eBay.com Seller Hub forums, some sellers (My eBay users) hate the the Hub and some love it. Typical of any change.

Myself I used Selling Manager and My eBay for years. So I am quite familiar with both. I also subscriber to the new Seller Hub since it was in beta release on eBay.com so I have experience with it too. For anyone worried about the Seller Hub, don't be. The issue is learning it and getting familiar with it. Most of us hate change and it will be a pain to have to learn the hub but it will just take a few days to get used to it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Seller Hub on .ca

Thank you very much for the info. Just wondering why ebay didn't explain this on the numerous calls. But I have selling manager with my store or do I need to somehow resign up for it I had also been doing it the same way for over a year when literally one day, end of Oct this started happening, right out of the blue, I did nothing different.

Listing on .com the selling form that comes up (directions directly from ebay while on the phone with them) is over 2 years old and not the new hub as I pointed out to the CSR who said I am not reg. on .com so this is what I get. I had to explain a little ebay history, in that I reg. in 1999 and there was no .ca so yes, I "was" reg. on .com  she said well you aren't now and you aren't US resident so this is how you must do it. I have to really pay attention when I am doing it as in the Paypal section it sometimes reverts back to an email/service provider that I no longer use.

Are things more of a mess than I thought? Or am I doing something wrong? I go to my ebay, left side "manage my store" then "selling manager" then click "sell" at the top left between ebay deals and help&contact

Yesterday listing on .com the listing page now also jumps back to the top half way through the form so a lot of scrolling up and down and waiting for images to load.

Further info is greatly appreciated. Yesterday, 3 hours to list around 13 items. I "used" to be able to list 50 items a day if I wanted it is now taking me a week to do that.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Seller Hub on .ca

Thank you again for your info. after further thought I phoned ebay, got a great CSR. We went through things on .com first, all my .com issues are gone as I'm now on the new hub. Actually looking forward to it, so I'll tackle that as soon as I finish preparing the listings. He assured me that the drafts will work on it. Then we tackled the .ca issues, he took the time to listen and then go through it step by step to actually see what I was talking about. My selling manager isn't working period, for some reason... he saw the notes from me calling in since end of Oct ... is escalating it, and then we came up with a little work around, not great but will work while they look into it. I finally see a light at the end. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Seller Hub on .ca

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply