Subtitle fees

kross68
Community Member

the $1.50 Subtitle fee,   is that charged per items or just per auction or buy it now

I have a Buy it now with a quanity of 30,  good to canceled item,  would that be a 1 time fee of a $1.50,   or each sale,  what if the good til canceled lasted two years

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Subtitle fees

From ebay help pages ... 4got the link sorry:

* Good 'Til Cancelled listings renew automatically every 30 days until all of the items sell, you end the listing, or we end your listing. Insertion fees and advanced listing upgrade fees are charged every 30-day period. Good 'Til Cancelled listings count toward your monthly free-insertion-fee listing allotment. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when the listing goes live and when it renews.

I think that means you pay $1.50 per listing (not per item in that same listing) and you will pay it every 30 days if the listing renews

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Subtitle fees

Fee is per listing not per item. Charged when listing is posted or in the case of GTC when it renews (every 30 days).

Consider www.cafr.ebay.ca (Canada French) to list as subtitle is still free.

Some french knowledge is useful when listing, but does not need to be used in the listing.

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Subtitle fees

Is sub-title Searchable?

On either the English or the French site?

If not, it seems to be money wasted, since the same information could be in the Description, which is Searchable and FREE!

We have 82 keystrokes free to find customers.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Subtitle fees

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Is sub-title Searchable?

On either the English or the French site?

If not, it seems to be money wasted, since the same information could be in the Description, which is Searchable and FREE!

We have 82 keystrokes free to find customers.

The last time I checked subtitle was not searchable on the English side of eBay,ca

It still is searchable on the french side of eBay.ca

80 characters (title) + 55 characters (subtitle) for 135 characters total

I list a few items using cafr when the title is just too short to fit what I want for the search function. But most of the time I stick to my working language of English when title space of 80 characters is good enough.

-..-

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Subtitle fees

According to the help pages the sub-title would be searchable if you go into Advanced search and click off "title and description" ... I don't know how many people take that extra step .... the little box used to be right on the main ebay page where you could click description  without having to actually go into the Advanced search to do it ...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Subtitle fees

Reallynicestamps :  "Is sub-title Searchable?  On either the English or the French site?"

If listed on eBay.cafr, the subtitle is free and searchable on eBay.com and eBay.ca but not other international eBay sites

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Subtitle fees

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply