Turbo Lister

vincenzo@ebay.com
Community Member
For Turbo Lister questions, issues and discussions...
Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Turbo Lister

When will eBay support a lister that can be used by Mac owners?
Message 2 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member
When will eBay support a lister that can be used by Mac owners?

Hi femmefan1946,

Currently there are not any plans for eBay to create a Mac supported application. For a list of selling applications similar to Turbo Lister that do support Mac, please visit our Solutions Directory and run a search for "Mac." You'll find many alternatives that may suit your needs. To view the directory, go to:
http://solutions.ebay.com/

Although we don't support it, you can also try to run Turbo Lister using Virtual PC for Mac.

Regards,

Ketty
eBay Turbo Lister Support
Message 3 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

bilge21
Community Member

Hi femmefan1946,

Currently there are not any plans for eBay to create a Mac supported application. For a list of selling applications similar to Turbo Lister that do support Mac, please visit our Solutions Directory and run a search for "Mac." You'll find many alternatives that may suit your needs. To view the directory, go to:
http://solutions.ebay.com/

Although we don't support it, you can also try to run Turbo Lister using Virtual PC for Mac.

Regards,

Ketty

Actually, it's Boot Camp, which runs Windows natively on a Mac. TurboLister will work that way. If you want Windows to run in a window, use Parallels. VirtualPC is the pre-OSX emulator.

Either way, you can use TurboLister on the Mac that way.

Quote taken from Apple's FAQ page:

"Boot Camp comes with every new Mac, and it lets you run Windows natively — as if your Mac were a PC. If you want to run Mac OS X and Windows side by side, you can purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac or VMware Fusion. Install one of these applications, along with the Windows Installation CDs, and you can run the occasional Windows program right next to your Mac applications, without having to restart."
Message 4 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

printfourpay
Community Member

Hi turbo lister is not letting upload eventhough I have indicated condition of the item I am selling.

Message 5 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Hi turbo lister is not letting upload eventhough I have indicated condition of the item I am selling.

Hi printfourpay,

I am sorry to hear you are unable to upload due to a condition error and will be happy to assist you with this. 

To resolve this let me have you start by going to Tools-Install Complete Version Update.  Once the updates have installed you will want to go to the details section, (not in item specifics where you have specified this in the past) and make sure condition is selected.

If you continue to run into this issue you will want to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Regards,

Ketty

Message 6 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I was trying to list on eBay.com tonight for the first time, however I kept getting the following message:

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.

I did finally get one to upload, because I took out my payment and shipping info in my listing (below pictures):

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170670895161&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_4716wt_118...

However this means I can no longer have my payment & shipping info (see below pictures)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170670111053&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_2507wt_118...

What exactly is the issue?

Message 7 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Since you are listing on ebay.com for the first time, maybe you are being caught by the Cross Border Trade agreement you need to agree to to sell on eBay.com from Canada. 

Did you do that? I will look up the posts on this issue and post back a link.

How the second listing got up I do not know if the agreement is the issue.

It is possible you used words like cash, check or money order. I just listed for the first time on ebay.com a couple of days ago and cash only terms in the Sellers Payment Details for pickup was flagged even though I used the same on ebay.ca.

I looked at your terms, the shipping is way too much info.  No one cares for all that detail. It is confusing.  Just state the shipping service you are using for that item and listing, the delivery time and the cost.

Message 8 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I guess the reason the second one got through was because I uploaded it to .ca.

I have eBay Canada as my default and forgot to change it.

Turns out the issue was I indicated not responsible for damage occured on return shipments.

Took that out and it works fine.

Thanks for the tip, I'll re-edit my template I use to be more basic.

Message 9 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi Vincenzo,

I was just hitting the save button on a listing I was preparing in my TL when a message box popped up that said Turbo Lister EXE has stopped working, it was followed by a message about windows finding a solution and that I must close the program.

I closed the program and came back to it later and everything seemed to be working fine again until I hit the save button, same problem.

I have been downloading updates regularly so I have no idea what's going on, any suggestions?

Thanks! Heather

Message 10 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi Vincenzo,

I was just hitting the save button on a listing I was preparing in my TL when a message box popped up that said Turbo Lister EXE has stopped working, it was followed by a message about windows finding a solution and that I must close the program.

I closed the program and came back to it later and everything seemed to be working fine again until I hit the save button, same problem.

I have been downloading updates regularly so I have no idea what's going on, any suggestions?

Thanks! Heather

Hi threebears63,

I apologize for any inconvenience due to this. We have been seeing reports of this when members are attempting to change their categories or item specifics on their listing. The developers are currently looking into this issue.

In the meantime some members have been able to get around this by deleting their item specifics and then reselecting their category. They were then able to properly enter item specifics and save their listing.

Regards,

Vestan

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 11 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi Vestan,

Thanks very much for your lightning fast reply! I will try that and see how it goes.

Thanks again! Heather

Message 12 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi guys,

I tried the work around suggested, it's not working for me so far I will continue to try but would be happy for other ideas.

I don't want to use the on-line sell your item form because we have a very expensive form of internet and we are charged for extra usage.

I've never had a problem with this TL, I downloaded it last year into a new computer and it has worked fine until now.

I don't understand why this has happened all of a sudden.

Was there something in a recent update download that is triggering this?

Thanks again! Heather

Message 13 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Hi guys,

I tried the work around suggested, it's not working for me so far I will continue to try but would be happy for other ideas.

I don't want to use the on-line sell your item form because we have a very expensive form of internet and we are charged for extra usage.

I've never had a problem with this TL, I downloaded it last year into a new computer and it has worked fine until now.

I don't understand why this has happened all of a sudden.

Was there something in a recent update download that is triggering this?

Thanks again! Heather

Hi threebears63,

Is this happening on newly created items or just existing templates? 

A corrupted User File in Turbo Lister might be causing the problem. Here are two possible fixes:

- In Turbo Lister, on the "Tools" menu, click "Compact Database" to run the database utility. This will run diagnostic repairs on your database that may fix the problem.

- If the first option doesn't solve the problem, please create a new User File and transfer your items through the Turbo Lister CSV Export/Import option.

-- Note --

Please read the instructions carefully.

To prepare your files for transfer, please do the following:

1. In the Turbo Lister Inventory view, highlight all items you would like to transfer.

2. Click "File > Export Selected Items" and choose "Turbo Lister Format (CSV file)."

3. After selecting a name for the file and saving it, you are now ready to transfer the file to a new user file.

-- Note --

Your desktop is a good location for saving temporarily, for ease in finding it later.

To create a new user file, please do the following:

1. In Turbo Lister, on the "File" menu, click "New," and then click "User File."

2. Select the "Set up a new Turbo Lister file" option and click "Next."

3. Enter the eBay account information for the new profile and follow the prompts.

To import your inventory into your new user file:

1. With the new User File open, on the "File" menu, click "Import Items," and then select the "From File" option.

2. Locate the CSV file on your desktop and select it.

3. Click the "Open" button to import your Turbo Lister information.

Regards,

Ketty

Message 14 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

bilge21
Community Member

I've been trying to upload listings for new cartridges via TL, but these 4 particular cartridges are not being allowed to upload. Every time I try to calculate fees I get an error "error: - category entered is not catalogue enabled".

All my other listings upload fine, but could not get these 4 to upload to the branded category, which is the correct category for these ones.

Any ideas?

Message 15 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

tobyshitzu
Community Member

The catalog is messed up today.  I don't know about ink (i'd assume other categories affected too),  its impossible to list games with the catalog today.  Not related to turbo lister, the catalog wont' add to new listings,and oens ended today get stripped of it on relist.  Older ones might be able to be listed the same as they were.   Vincenzo was looking into it this afternoon.  They probably already knew as its a lot bigger problem then I thought it ws then.

Message 16 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

wenrath
Community Member

I am having trouble updating TurboLister.

The download process seems to finish, and I get a window that has a check mark and says "Update Complete". It also tells me that the application must be restarted.

When I close that message window, I get a new message window from TL Helper that says:

"Turbo Lister upgrade failed to complete because Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup failed. Please log in with a user with Admin privileges."

I am using my own laptop that has no other users. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Message 17 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Wenrath try this: go to your Turbo Lister icon on your computer desktop and right click and then click on "Run as Administrator". I think that should fix your problem.

Message 18 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

wenrath
Community Member

That works! Thank you MsMaggie!

Message 19 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi, I am in Canada. When I calculate the weight of an item, it is in kilos or grams for shipment to Canada. However, when the buyer is from the U.S., I want to show the calculations in pounds and ounces but Turbo Lister doesn't allow me to switch to lbs. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 20 of 102
latest reply