Turbo Lister

vincenzo@ebay.com
Community Member
For Turbo Lister questions, issues and discussions...
Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Hi, I am in Canada. When I calculate the weight of an item, it is in kilos or grams for shipment to Canada. However, when the buyer is from the U.S., I want to show the calculations in pounds and ounces but Turbo Lister doesn't allow me to switch to lbs. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi boystabinki,

You can switch over the measurements from metric to imperial. To do this you will select "customize" at the top right of the shipping section.  Here there is an option to change that over from the metric: kg, g, cm to Imperial: lbs, oz, in.

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Turgbo Lister Support

Message 21 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi, I am in Canada. When I calculate the weight of an item, it is in kilos or grams for shipment to Canada. However, when the buyer is from the U.S., I want to show the calculations in pounds and ounces but Turbo Lister doesn't allow me to switch to lbs. Am I doing something wrong?

Why?

The potential buyer does not see how you set up your shipping in the listing.

If you list on eBay.ca, use metric for calculated shipping since Canada Post rates are based on metric measurements.

Because the ebay shipping calculator data entry boxes take only whole numbers, metric measurements are more accurate. Listing in imperial inches and pounds/ounces will first be visually rounded to a whole number when you manually measure the item and then will round up to metric measurements when converted by eBay. Same with weight. So you get two rounding errors potentially.

This may cause you to jump up in a shipping weight or dimensional weight and have a higher shipping cost given.

Of course, both metric and imperial measurements are accurate. There is nothing wrong with either one outside of eBay.  But within eBay because you can only put in whole numbers in the listing tools, imperial measurements are not as accurate as metric.

Another issue is that you will forget what you are measuring in if you switch back and forth between metric and imperial. eBay listing tools like TL will not convert what you entered.  So if you put in 30 x 20 x 10 cm with metric and switch to imperial, the number stays the same but TL interprets it as 30 x 20 x 10 INCHES.  You will get huge shipping costs. If you do the reverse, you will have a small package and undercharge.

So my advice to you is to stick to one system only on ebay.ca and the more accurate system to use on ebay.ca is metric since that is what Canada Post uses.

Message 22 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I sell gaming cards and would like to update some parts of all my listings descriptions:: for example: shipping costs and additional info on ALL the cards in my store I have tried But for multiple listing I get only HTML::: for single listing update I have no problems.

Is it possible to update multiple list descriptions on Turbo Lister without HTML??

Message 23 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I sell gaming cards and would like to update some parts of all my listings descriptions:: for example: shipping costs and additional info on ALL the cards in my store I have tried But for multiple listing I get only HTML::: for single listing update I have no problems.

Is it possible to update multiple list descriptions on Turbo Lister without HTML??

Hi loulottshobbytoy,

When doing a standard bulk edit it would only have the html box available.

If you are wanting to search for specific text that is the same in all listings and replace it with new text for all of the items, you can use the search and replace functionality. To do this, click the Edit menu at the top left of the program and then click Search and Replace.

Regards,

Vestan

eBay Turbo Lister Support

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 24 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Lou

Message 25 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Tried uploading 3 items from TL and got the following message

Error 1 of 1

Item cannot be accessed.

This item cannot be accessed because the listing has been deleted, is a Half.com listing, or you are not the seller.

What could this possibly mean?

Just listing the usual items...weird!

Message 26 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

One thing I can think of. How old is the listing? If it is past 90 days, the listing number is expired.

Export the 3 listings to a CSV file, import back, and the listing number will be gone. Then you should be able to list. If it really old, it will say you need a return policy, etc from things that are now mandatory will all the changes.

Message 27 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Thanks for the response.  I don't seem to be able to export them.  They are in the upload section.   "export items" is not clickable from the file drop-down menu.

Is there another way to export?

Thanks!

Message 28 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Thanks for the response.  I don't seem to be able to export them.  They are in the upload section.   "export items" is not clickable from the file drop-down menu.

Is there another way to export?

Thanks!

Hi bcbeautiful,

You should be able to export the items from the Ended Listings folder in the Listing Activity area. You can then import them into the Inventory area and add them to upload from there instead of using the Relist function.

You can also copy and paste or drag and drop the items from the Listing Activity area into a folder in the Inventory area. You can then add them to upload from the Inventory.

Regards,

Vestan

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 29 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi Vestan, I've been using TL for many years. Just now I listed 64 items and on one item I goofed and instead of putting an amount in the BIN box I put it in the Reserve box in error. Tried to cancel immediately as soon as I saw the calculated amount but my darn hand just went and hit upload too fast. It was the first item so of course it uploaded anyway.

I went and immediately ended the item but of course still got charged even though it was ended within seconds. What I need to know is if I could have cancelled that item any other way, other than immediately ending it, so that I wouldn't have been charged for that amount. Just in case that ever happens again!

Message 30 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Uploading my items from turbo lister is taking forever! I seem to remember reading somewhere that if I turned off something on my computer and ran the upload it would go much faster. Any suggestions?

Message 31 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I am listing online with the Sell Your Item form and it has been slow too.  I think just a lot of listings being listed. Just volume affecting any listing tool.

Message 32 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I currently have 3000 items in my Turbo Lister.  Is there a quick way to change the "duration" without having to do it one item at a time.  If eBay continues to offer free auctions and sometimes limits them to 1, 3 or 5 days - rather than 7 - I need to be able to make a bulk change.  Tried the help function but didn't help.

Message 33 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I have a problem uploading from TL to eBay.  If I try to upload several hundred items at a time, I get errors.  If I reduce the quantity, I get fewer errors.  Most of them deal with the URL or more commonly YEAR is not an item specific.  I end up with a message that says fees cannot be calculated because one or more items have errors. 

If I do nothing and try again, I get errors - but not the same errors I got the first time.  Very confusing. 

Message 34 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

puckstopshere: you can highlight the items you want to change and then go to Edit - Edit Multiple Items. You can then change the listing duration for all those items at once. I move mine into the Uploaded section and then do the change. That way the original duration doesn't change. Hope this helps.

Message 35 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Thanks, msmaggie, I will try it on the next batch of 5 day auctions.  Although I have been on eBay for a year or two, I have just started using TL recently.  I have had several disasters - lost my images on 2000 items.  Have lost all my data once or twice.  Listed 200 items the other day - power went out and they were not saved.  Had to restore all my data.  A real pain.

That said, you can see why I am reluctant to experiment.

Message 36 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

You should be able to export the items from the Ended Listings folder in the Listing Activity area. You can then import them into the Inventory area and add them to upload from there instead of using the Relist function.

There is only one problem with this.  I have my inventory sorted in a specific order.  The ended listings are stored in the order of the eBay auction listing number.  I have 13000 items in my ended listings.  How do I find the ones I want to relist?  Is there any way to change how these are displayed - such as by title?

Message 37 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Hi Vestan, I've been using TL for many years. Just now I listed 64 items and on one item I goofed and instead of putting an amount in the BIN box I put it in the Reserve box in error. Tried to cancel immediately as soon as I saw the calculated amount but my darn hand just went and hit upload too fast. It was the first item so of course it uploaded anyway.

I went and immediately ended the item but of course still got charged even though it was ended within seconds. What I need to know is if I could have cancelled that item any other way, other than immediately ending it, so that I wouldn't have been charged for that amount. Just in case that ever happens again!

Hi msmaggie060,

The fees would be charged as soon as the item lists.  So even if you cancel the item seconds after, you would be charged those fees.  You might want to contact customer support directly to see if they can offer you any type of courtesy credit for something like this.

Regards,

Ketty

Message 38 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

There is only one problem with this.  I have my inventory sorted in a specific order.  The ended listings are stored in the order of the eBay auction listing number.  I have 13000 items in my ended listings.  How do I find the ones I want to relist?  Is there any way to change how these are displayed - such as by title?

Hi puckstopshere,

You can sort your view in Turbo Lister.  By clicking on the header such as "title" it should sort out the listings in a way you can manage which ones you would like to relist.  If you already have these items in Inventory, you can export and import from here as well, dropping the error. 

If you are continuing to run into different errors when trying to upload your listings, you might try running a reset.  To do this go to Tools-Install Complete Version Update.

Regards,

Ketty

Message 39 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi Looking for some help!  Got a new computer system for Xmas...everything is set up...exported files...installed turbo lister..installed files..everything is seemingly OK..except that when in turbo lister it doesn't show STORE CATEGORIES in the details...everything i've upload i've had to go in and manually revise (as it's showing the last categories I had for the last listing I did before we changed everything).

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 40 of 102
latest reply