Turbo Lister

vincenzo@ebay.com
Community Member
For Turbo Lister questions, issues and discussions...
Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Turbo Lister

Turbo Lister is just a warning when a photo is under 1000 pixels on the longest side.  eBay new rules of at least 500 pixels is a requirement.

Since your 640x480 pictures are at least 500 pixels on th longest side, then they comply with the new eBay photo policy ad you will not need to take those photos again.

Now that is my understanding of the new rules. I do hope that my understanding is correct. I am 99+% sure but you may want to ask directly in the special forum topics on these changes to confirm.

PS Turbo Lister is recommending 1600 pixels as the minimum on the longest side. It was 1000 until the a few months ago. I think that you only get the warning at 1000 pixels though.

Message 61 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

joe_sells_it
Community Member

It should not be this difficult, all I am trying to do is add a litle background color to an existing listing theme. As instructed on an html help site I added this code to the description box in turbo lister:

In turbo lister when I look at it in the html view there is the code, see image below

http://s19.postimage.org/czx4zuucj/bg2.jpg

In turbo lister when I look at it in the design view I get what I am looking for, see image below:

http://s19.postimage.org/rhuc7ulnn/bg1.jpg

In turbo lister when I look at the preview nothing, see image below:

http://s19.postimage.org/ktxql925f/bg3.jpg

and off cource if I upload it, nothing, also as a side note in the preview it shows and image at the bottom of the page of the item, this does not carry over in an upload either...... see image below

http://s19.postimage.org/wkbo2muxv/bg4.jpg

Is there no way to do this? please also note this is a test I know there are typo's

Please help,

Thanks

Joe

Message 62 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

If I remember correctly, the body command is not allowed by eBay in the description iframe. It interferes with the eBay listing page body command. You can only have one body HTML statement in a listing.

Only a subset of HTML commands are allowed in the Description i-frame.

The way around this is to put your listing in a TABLE and use the TBODY command with the style. I usually use inline style commands.

I just tested it with my custom template which has a TBODY statement and it worked. Now I tested this using the online eBay Sell Your Item form and not in Turbo Lister. It should work in Turbo Lister.

If you have any more questions on HTML, go to the eBay.com Photos & HTML forum.  eBay user shipscript is there all th time as well as others and they love to answer questions like this.

If you post there, they may have different and better ways to do this.

I am an amateur HTML coder and learned all my HTML from that forum and the posts there as well as the links they give.

One incredible resource is the About Me page for shipscript. Many free tools written by her for eBay sellers. RAGTAG is a good checker for mismatched or lost HTML tags if you hand code a lot.

shipscript About Me page

Message 63 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I tried to upload updates in Turbo Lister (I have opened a store and want to load into that store). The message I got was:

"Turbo Lister upgrade failed to complete because Microsoft Visual C+++ Redistributable Setup failed. Please log in with user Admin priviledges"

What is my next step?

Message 64 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Cat, try this: go to your Turbo Lister icon on your computer desktop and right click and then click on "Run as Administrator". That should work!

Message 65 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I apologize if this is already somewhere in the thread and I missed the answer somewhere along the way....

I'm in Canada, and I just went to upload some items only to get an error message...

"You must accept the terms and conditions for cross-border trading before you can list this item that will require international shipping..... "

I've never seen this before, but I do remember doing an update to turbo lister recently... so what do I do now?  How do I "accept" the terms and conditions??

Thank you... any help would be appreciated

Message 66 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

TL says they are too small for eBay picture hosting

Message 67 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

OOPS!

What I meant to say was:  I don't think the symbol on TL is very accurate.  I have loaded images that are 4 times larger than the requirment and it still says they are too small.

Message 68 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

I apologize if this is already somewhere in the thread and I missed the answer somewhere along the way....

I'm in Canada, and I just went to upload some items only to get an error message...

"You must accept the terms and conditions for cross-border trading before you can list this item that will require international shipping..... "

I've never seen this before, but I do remember doing an update to turbo lister recently... so what do I do now?  How do I "accept" the terms and conditions??

Thank you... any help would be appreciated

Hi dragon.salez,

I am sorry to hear of those troubles you are having with Turbo Lister.  I will be happy to help with this.  this message comes directly from the site, regrettably there is not a way around that in Turbo Lister.  To get this set up, you will want to list one item directly on the site, exactly as you have it in Turbo Lister.  Once you have listed the one item, you will then be able to come back to Turbo Lister to list.

Regards,

Ketty eBay Selling Tools Support

Message 69 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

OOPS!

What I meant to say was:  I don't think the symbol on TL is very accurate.  I have loaded images that are 4 times larger than the requirment and it still says they are too small.

Hi puckstopshere,

When you see this message, is it an error you receive when trying to upload or do you see it on the item page directly on the images?  What is the exact wording of the message you receive?

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Selling Tools Support

Message 70 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

eagc1397
Community Member

I compacted my listings and updated my LT2 but it still will not let me post them

Message 71 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

I compacted my listings and updated my LT2 but it still will not let me post them

Hi eagc1397,

I am sorry to hear of those troubles you are having with Turbo Lister.  I will be happy to help with this.  When you are listing in Turbo Lister are you receiving an error, or what seems to be happening?

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Selling Tools Support

Message 72 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

i have on going issues with turbo lister not showing the pictures on ebay.  It seems to pick the same listings all the time even though i can see the pics on turbo lister they just do not show up on ebay.  This happened once to 32 of my listings and i was told by the ebay rep to "bomb" them and he would credit them back to me.  OF COURSE THAT NEVER HAPPENED.   I relisted them and had to pay for all the listings.  I have faxed ebay twice, written to them, emailed them and never a response.  I find Ebay seller service appallingly bad.  I know others do too and they don't seem to care at all.

Message 73 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

i have on going issues with turbo lister not showing the pictures on ebay.  It seems to pick the same listings all the time even though i can see the pics on turbo lister they just do not show up on ebay.  This happened once to 32 of my listings and i was told by the ebay rep to "bomb" them and he would credit them back to me.  OF COURSE THAT NEVER HAPPENED.   I relisted them and had to pay for all the listings.  I have faxed ebay twice, written to them, emailed them and never a response.  I find Ebay seller service appallingly bad.  I know others do too and they don't seem to care at all.

Hi thefarmerswife0_4,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have been having.  Regrettably I don't see that we have received an email communication on this matter.  We will be happy to take a look into this for you and see what we can do, if you can email the Seller Tools team directly at turbodata@ebay.com

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Seller Tools Support

Message 74 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding how to set up a multiple variation listing.

I want to try it with Magic: The Gathering cards. I must use Toys & Hobbies > Wholesale > Other to even use this feature.

How might I create a listing for, say, 10 MTG cards? All cards are Rare, and in Light Play condition if that helps.

And for simplicity, all cards are from the same series, or set.

Differences (step 1): Name would vary. That's about it. So I would add 'Detail' and type Name? Do I need a detail value? And would I create another difference for the colors of the cards? (MTG has 5 distinct colors of cards).

Message 75 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I am having problems.

A few days ago I was new to Turbo Lister. I made a new template. Made a few item listings out of the template. Things were OK. I posted 3 auctions.

Today I updated to newest version. No particular reason but I did. I made a new template (it was not picking up my combined shipping settings and that is a big part of my selling plan). So the new template worked.

I started making lots of item listings based on template, spent hours and hours. Got all ready, excited to upload 50-60 auctions. But now troubles with pictures. "Error - Failed to submit image(s)". Why? These are the same pictures from the same scanner as before.

I was hoping to sell tonight I'm pretty frustrated and disappointed as I've worked so long and hard at this.

Message 76 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Try uploaading one listing and see how it goes. Try another one.

Message 77 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Very happy because I got last nights issue solved somehow 🙂

I did an "Install Complete Version Update" and backed up the database once again, instead of simply "Check for Program Updates" which I did before.

Not sure what changed, but I tried again to do just 1 listing, this time it worked. Was happy, so I tried 5, which worked, then 10, then all the rest (about 40 in one posting batch) and everything worked as I hoped.

Big weight of my back, I just wanted to update in case anyone was wondering or has this problem in the future.

Message 78 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I encountered an error with TL that forced the program to shutdown.

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\ProgramFiles\eBay\TurboLister2\Tl.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I encountered this error, twice now, when uploading pictures for a multi-variation listing. Both times it has happened upon adding the 10th picture out of 10 total pictures.

Does that help any?

Message 79 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi the3_3b4y_g3n1u5,

Runtime errors can occur if you are running two software programs that are not compatible, if your computer has memory problems, or if the computer has been infected with malicious software.

We suggest you uninstall/reinstall Turbo Lister to see if that corrects the problem.

***Important***

If you want to save your listing information, click "No" when prompted to remove your user database files. If you click "Yes," you will need to re-enter your account information.

For more information on Runtime errors, please review the following Windows Help page:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/What-is-a-runtime-error

Regards,

Draex

eBay Turbo Lister Support

Message 80 of 102
latest reply