Turbo Lister

vincenzo@ebay.com
Community Member
For Turbo Lister questions, issues and discussions...
Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Turbo Lister

guybuddy
Community Member

After I installed Turbo Lister and tried to run it, I get the message "The application has failed because the side-by-side is incorrect.  Please see the application log for more detail"  I cannot figure this out.  Grrr.  Any ideas?  w/Vista SP2.

Message 81 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

You can also ask in the eBay.com Turbo Lister forum. eBay reads that forum every day. This one seems to be answered a couple of times a week.

Message 82 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi guybuddy,

The error you are receiving is a Microsoft error and not an error caused by the Turbo Lister program directly.

For information on how to resolve this error, please refer to the following discussion board post:

http://www.vistax64.com/software/245768-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html

or

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/error-the-application-has-failed...

Regards,

Draex

eBay Turbo Lister Support

Message 83 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

crz3cno0k
Community Member

I am having major issues with Turbo Lister. The other day the program decided not to let me edit or create any new listings.

I can't do anything in the troubleshooting guide because the program stops working and shuts down.

I've tried updating the program...same thing.

I've tried re-installing...same thing.

I've wiped out every trace of the progam on my computer and registry, re-installed...same thing.

Other than wiping my hard drive clean, is there something I may have missed? I am so cheesed off since I have hundreds of items to list and I can't even access them. I can't edit, shuts down. I can't add new, shuts down. I can duplicate, but as soon as I try to edit the duplicate, it shuts down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 84 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Ok... so I have been using TL to edit and I get these weird errors.

Like saying

Input data for tag "shippingdetals..... packagedepth" is invalid or missing

Mind you I get alot more errors as well

Like 'there is no shipping service selected"

BUT these items upload 20 minutes before that with no issues.

ALL I changed was some small error in the description.

I changed nothing in the shipping section.

I got back into edit with this item.. and all my shipping is as it was.. correct.

3 choices for shipping to be exact.. domestic and international.

I have no clue what to edit to fix the error.

SO... help! lol

Btw, did Ebay write the program for Turbo Lister?

I get the same feeling with TL as I do with Ebay.. confused and frustrated.. roflmao

Any help with these strange errors would be appreciated.

Nancy

laidlawgifts

Message 85 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Ok... so I have been using TL to edit and I get these weird errors.

Like saying

Input data for tag "shippingdetals..... packagedepth" is invalid or missing

Mind you I get alot more errors as well

Like 'there is no shipping service selected"

BUT these items upload 20 minutes before that with no issues.

ALL I changed was some small error in the description.

I changed nothing in the shipping section.

I got back into edit with this item.. and all my shipping is as it was.. correct.

3 choices for shipping to be exact.. domestic and international.

I have no clue what to edit to fix the error.

SO... help! lol

Btw, did Ebay write the program for Turbo Lister?

I get the same feeling with TL as I do with Ebay.. confused and frustrated.. roflmao

Any help with these strange errors would be appreciated.

Nancy

laidlawgifts

Hi Nancy,

I am sorry to hear of those troubles you are having with Turbo Lister.  I will be happy to help with this.  You might try resetting the shipping information in the listing.  Can you try editing one listing, changing that shipping information over to a different shipping service and then saving the listing.  Go back in and re-edit the information to set it up as you had and resaving.  Let me know if that allows the item to upload or if you continue to run into this error.

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Seller Tools Support

Message 86 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hello Ketty

Thanks for your reply.

I have a bunch of mighty wallets I am trying to edit.

After getting the error about "input data for tag

I changed the shipping to local pickup only, to flat rate, to calculated rate

and the error message still occurs.

Note that one choice I tried was with local pickup only that has NO calculated weight.. lol

I did a full update on TL.

So changing it, didnt help.

Any suggestions on how to update and upload?

Thanks

Message 87 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Ack!!

Ok.. so I backed up my listings.

Then deleted my TL but kept my database files.

I reloaded TL.

Now.. I keep crashing!! grrrrrr

Most times it when I sync but other times its just opening .. sigh

Banging my head

Message 88 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

STILL trying.. sigh

Ok.. uninstalled and reinstalled TL but this time did NOT keep user files.

So its like starting with a fresh copy of TL.

Did NOT import any information and just synced to my store.

It did not crash.

Went to edit my wallets again.. and got that same damn error again

about shippingweight calculator.. and all my choices are flat rate shipping

and has NO weight to calculate!! grrrrrr

HELP! 🙂
laidlawgifts

Message 89 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Hi laidlawgifts,

I've forwarded the information you sent to our tech team, and they're working to fix this. We've troubleshot this issue, and we're aware of the problem.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks again for taking time to let us know about the problem.

Regards,

Draex

Message 90 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I have been adding inventory to Turbo Lister one item at a time, using "click to insert picture" in the 'Pictures and Description' area of each item. When you click this you specify the picture file location on your computer so when you actually list the item on eBay the picture is uploaded with the listing and hosted by eBay.

I want to list a larger number of items so I want to import inventory into Turbo Lister using a csv file.  I can find the column where I would list a self-hosted picture URL, but I cannot figure out how to tell Turbo Lister where a picture file is on my computer.  Do I have to import my inventory, then go into each seperate item and specify a picture location manually?  I'm finding it a little hard to believe that sellers with hundreds or thousands of items do this.  I'm hoping there is a way to specify in the csv file the location of the picture file on your computer.

Any help appreciated!  Thanks!

Message 91 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I have been adding inventory to Turbo Lister one item at a time, using "click to insert picture" in the 'Pictures and Description' area of each item. When you click this you specify the picture file location on your computer so when you actually list the item on eBay the picture is uploaded with the listing and hosted by eBay.

I want to list a larger number of items so I want to import inventory into Turbo Lister using a csv file.  I can find the column where I would list a self-hosted picture URL, but I cannot figure out how to tell Turbo Lister where a picture file is on my computer.  Do I have to import my inventory, then go into each seperate item and specify a picture location manually?  I'm finding it a little hard to believe that sellers with hundreds or thousands of items do this.  I'm hoping there is a way to specify in the csv file the location of the picture file on your computer.

Any help appreciated!  Thanks!

Hi stouffvillejen,

In order to use pictures on your computer, you would have to upload them to the individual items within Turbo Lister. Turbo Lister has to process and upload them to be used with eBay's picture service.

Regards,

Vestan

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 92 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

blueberry_sales
Community Member

in turbo lister what does a checkered flag in the site field mean ??????

Message 93 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

in turbo lister what does a checkered flag in the site field mean ??????

Hi bbs_inc,

The checkered flag indicates that it is an eBay Motors listing.

Regards,

Vestan

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 94 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

williamjack27
Community Member

just upgraded, now getting error failed to submit images when I try to upload

Message 95 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

just upgraded, now getting error failed to submit images when I try to upload

Hi williamjack27,

This error is generally due to a corrupt user file. Please try clicking Tools > Compact Database which runs a database repair that may correct the issue.

If the problem persists then you will need to transfer your items over to a new user file.

To prepare your files for transfer, please do the following:

1. In the Turbo Lister Inventory view, highlight all items you would like to transfer.

2. Click "File > Export Selected Items" and choose "Turbo Lister Format (CSV file)."

3. After selecting a name for the file and saving it, you are now ready to transfer the file to a new user file.

To create a new user file, please do the following:

1. In Turbo Lister, on the "File" menu, click "New," and then click "User File."

2. Select the "Set up a new Turbo Lister file" option and click "Next."

3. Enter the eBay account information for the new profile and follow the prompts.

To import your inventory into your new user file:

1. With the new User File open, on the "File" menu, click "Import Items," and then select the "From File" option.

2. Locate the CSV file on your desktop and select it.

3. Click the "Open" button to import your Turbo Lister information.

Regards,

Vestan

eBay Selling Tools Support

Message 96 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I use turbo lister - and |I have found the up-load times to be very slow lately.  I usually upload - 3-4 pictures per listing, and will upload 10 - 20 listing at a time. 

This process can take upwards of 1/2 hour.  Is this normal?

I also find it slow to add pictures to the listing - 1-2 minutes per picture.

I have recently had the computer"optimized" new term for fixing, virus checking, cleaning clearing etc.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Message 97 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

@sistersweird wrote:

I use turbo lister - and |I have found the up-load times to be very slow lately.  I usually upload - 3-4 pictures per listing, and will upload 10 - 20 listing at a time. 

This process can take upwards of 1/2 hour.  Is this normal?

I also find it slow to add pictures to the listing - 1-2 minutes per picture.

I have recently had the computer"optimized" new term for fixing, virus checking, cleaning clearing etc.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Hi sistersweird,

There really isn't a whole lot that can be done about the actual upload speed. That really just comes down to the type of connection you are getting with our servers and how busy our servers are.

In regard to pictures uploading slowly, I have seen this take longer if you try to select multiple pictures at once to add to your listing. If you insert the pictures one at a time then it tends to go faster.

Something else that can help speed up general operations in the program is cleaning up the database. For example, delete Inventory items that you no longer need, clear out the Activity Log and compact the database (Tools > Compact Database). The larger the database, the slower it will run, so keeping it cleared up can certainly help.

Regards,

Vestan

Message 98 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I have about 800 items that I imported into TurboLister prior to the version  9.907.150.0 update. All the photos imported are 400 pixel size. Is there any remedy for this or do I have to re-do all my photos (all my originals were the correct size but trying to find them all now is going to be almost impossible.)? 

Any newer listings that I have ended are importing into TL correct size if I imported after the 9.907.150.0 update. 

Message 99 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

If any of the 800 are still on eBay (listings are held for 90 days after sold or unsold), then you can download them again to get the larger pictures.

Otherwise, you have to edit each listing in your inventory and delete the small pictures and insert the larger original ones. Hopefully, you will be able to find the larger originals on your computer easily.

Good luck.

Message 100 of 102
latest reply