What happens if I do NOTHING before and after June 15th about conversions or moving to eBay.com?

What happens if I do NOTHING before and after June 15th about conversions or moving to eBay.com?

I have 8000 items and no time to do this.   It should be eBay.ca to convert the listing.

Should it not be eBay.ca to do this after the 15th.. They are ones who are asking for the changes.. Right.??.

Thanks... Mike

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@loulottshobbytoy wrote:

I have 8000 items and no time to do this.   It should be eBay.ca to convert the listing.

Should it not be eBay.ca to do this after the 15th.. They are ones who are asking for the changes.. Right.??.

Thanks... Mike

If you do not convert the eBay.ca listings to CAD from USD or do not move them to eBay.com USA, they will not relist when they end. So you will have nothing for sale.

GTC duration listings and regular duration listings are handled differently. ebay will not end a listings while it is running, it will not relist them after they end.

If the items are Fixed Price GTC listings that automatically relist every 30 days, then in August when the current 30 day period ends, the listings will not relist and will move to UnSold.

If the items are Auction or Fixed Price with durations from 1 to 30 days, when they end in June at their end duration date, you will not be able to relist them.

So you have no choice but to convert listings.

You are responsible for converting or moving your listings.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I believe your Fixed Price/good til cancelled listings are grandfathered until August.

Hmm- could you hire a high school girl to do some of the work? Teens get less than minimum wage. She'd need a daily quota, but 8000 listings would be about 16 per hour over 60 days at 8 hours a day.

Girls are more reliable at that age. To be waaay stereotypical about it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all for the info.. and help..

It looks like I will have to close my store on eBay.. and open on Shopify... That seem to be the best thing to do as of now.. Since I am starting over with my listing (in a sense) then I think that is the loss for eBay.ca.. and of course me.. unless I find another solution..

Ragards,

Lou

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay.ca has a migration tool to help sellers convert listing on eBay.ca to CAD or to move them to eBay.com in USD. It just came out but is buggy. It should be working better in a few days. Have you looked into using this tool?

There are some topics on using the migration tool in the Seller Central forum.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

"Auction-style and fixed price listings created before June 16, 2016 will not be affected while they are live.

Once these listings end, you’ll need to change the listing currency to CAD or move the listings to eBay.com to relist."

"Beginning in August, Good ‘Til Cancelled listings created in USD on eBay.ca will no longer renew. Exact dates will be communicated to affected sellers well in advance. To remain live, USD Good ‘Til Cancelled listings on eBay.ca will need to be either converted to CAD listings or moved to eBay.com."

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/list-in-cad/how-are-my-listings-affected.html

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your unsold items will disappear at 90th day!  Better relist them before they disappear by eBay, all work for nothing!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

2016 thread

Message 8 of 8
latest reply