What is the policy name under payment policy?

I don't understand what ebay is asking for as policy name under payment policy. It does not accept Paypal. That is my payment option

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What is the policy name under payment policy?

"ebay is asking for as policy name under payment policy."

Where exactly do you see that question?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I think you have opted in to the new eBay Business Policies.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

I do not know anything about this except negative comments I have read in the USA forums.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hi mr.retail7777,

You have opted into eBay's Business Policies.  Because of this, you will need to specify your Business Policy name for Shipping, Payment and Returns information.

To access this information on your eBay account, hover your mouse over the Account tab and select Business Policies from the dropdown menu.  From here, you can create, edit, delete and view the information specific to each policy.

The name you will need to use when listing is shown in this section under the Name column.

Regards,

Draex

eBay Customer Support

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The name you will need to use when listing is shown in this section under the Name column.

so what can that name be????

i don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!1

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yeah exactly  There missing some logic here I don't get it either  If you do figure it out let me know.. 🙂

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi robihood2010 & 1sthand,

Please login to your My eBay and hover your mouse over the Account Tab.  Once the dropdown appears, select the "Business Policies" option.

This will show you the Type of Policy and then the Name to the right of that.  This is the name you would use to specify when listing your items.

Regards,

Draex

eBay Seller Tools Support

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

What is a policy name.  How do I make one up?  Everything I type in it doesn't like.  There are no options to choose from so what do i put?

I just typed in pay pal 2 and it said I had successfully made a policy.  But so what?  I don't even know what I did or how to use it. How do I put in my current listing?  I can't past this policy business to actually post my listing.  I am just about to give up and not list.  I am using the free offer for free listing which ends today.  I guess I can't take advantage of that, I guess I'll neve be able to list anything ever again cos I can't work out this listing poicy name thing.  WHAT IS IT?  Please give me an example.

All the tutorial does is tell where to go and what to drop down but no example to help.

Frustrated.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

You are opted in to ebay's Business policy program which means that you have to set up and then name each different policy for shipping and payment. I don't use them and am not sure what help page you are looking at but did you look at the page posted earlier in this thread?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

Some people do like using them because they can set up different shipping prices rather than changing them for different listings but if you don't want to use it, there are also instructions on that link on how to opt out of the program.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I did look at the other pages.  They described the payment policy but didn't say what it was!  I needed an example.  I understand better now from your email, thanks.

However, I got taken to that bit after signing up for a free offer and clicking the link.  It just took me there and I couldn't get past it.

I eventually did however and managed to list.

The frustrating thing was that it kept telling me to look at this or that, but nowhere gave me an example of what was wanted in those fields.  It kept telling me why I needed a policy but didn't tell me how to write one.

cheers and thanks

Kleverklikk

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Why the "machines" make it so complicated?! I followed all instructions and got info (in red):  "This policy name already exists. Please provide a unique name"

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Amusing: so I wrote "blablabla"  and it was accepted Man Very Happy

Message 12 of 12
latest reply