Where having selling templates gone! New listing tool has wiped out templates??

This is a bit of a disaster for me.  I logged in after a week's vacation and found that my account had been switched over to the new listing format which isn't too hard to figure out.  The big problem is that my selling templates are gone with all the product descriptions and categories as well.  I thought that it would be possible to use recently sold items as a template but they are all gone too.

Is it possible to get the old selling tool and templates back?  Is this a glitch?  I emailed EBay but haven't heard back yet.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I also discovered that my saved templates in the old SYI form were not migrated to the new listing tool saved templates. Shocked. However, I have been using the new tool on eBay.com since it was introduced and had figured out how to get to my old saved templates there since there was no saved templates in the new listing tool there for months.

For eBay.ca, try this link to get to the old "Manage your templates" page on eBay.ca.

http://cgi5.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

If you can get to these templates, then open a new tab window in your browser to the new saved templates page and create a new template by manually copy/paste each section of the old template to the new template.

I did this yesterday when I noticed my old templates were not moved. Took 15 minutes to copy/paste the 10 saved templates to the new tool but I now have them in both places. Copy them over right away as it may not be available on the old link for long. Apparently on eBay.com I read that the link I posted above no longer works to get at old templates. S the method above may not work if you have eBay.com saved templates.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I just checked my old link to my eBay.com USA saved templates and my saved templates are showing today. Thjey did not show yesterday and I thought I lost them. eBay.com USA seems to have implemented the new saved templates in the past few days too.

Here is the same link as above for eBay.com.

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

If you have saved templates on eBay.com, use the link above and follow the manual copy process I described above.

Post back your experiences good or bad for others to know if what I posted as a possible workarounds does indeed work for you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That link is very helpful, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply