how to Bulk Edit listings fr .com to .ca

Although I have been at this selling stuff for over 10 years, I am needing some help and feeling like I am starting all over again with the learning process. Is there really much difference listing on .ca than on .com like I have been these last 10 years ?

I want to change all my listings from .com over to .ca but for the life of me I can't figure out how to bulk edit the 7000 + items I have in my store without doing them one by one. I have tried Turbo Lister and Inkfrog and can't figure this out.

I also need to ask - when I do start using .ca , will the Selling Manager Pro "sold" section still include the "Record" numbers that show on .com ?

Thanks everyone in advance for any advice you can give me !

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I am sure that in the past you had to do each one individually but perhaps something has changed...someone else here will know. 🙂

You will have to download sales manager to .ca but it should show the same information that you now have.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I use Turbo Lister, and if you switch from .ca to .com, you have to edit each item individually.  At the top left, when you switch from one to the other, you will notice your price disappears, as well as the catagory and all your shipping information are blank. My items vary slightly within my catagory, and rather than haul my "stuff" out of boxes when I switch from .ca to .com, I get the information from the description screen (I'm really good at picking through html!). Sorry I don't have better news...

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

May I ask why you are changing to .ca?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

lol ...Oh I was SOOO afraid folks would say that it had to be done one by one ....  I wanted to switch over because of the shipping aspect mostly - right now I have to figure out the shipping to include the HST and then use the currency exchange to get it as close to the exact shipping as possible in US funds.

I have had so many buyers complain that the shipping is so high on my listings ( followed with the statements " I have had the same xxxx sent for xxxx dollars - why is your shipping so much higher ? " Trying to explain that #1 I am in Canada and #2 We don't have the postal rates like the US #3 The Canadian dollar is higher right now so I have to do a currency exchange  ............  So I figured the added little clues by the listing's purchase price showing it in Canadian dollars might ease that problem a bit ..... I know - hopeful 🙂

lol Well off to the drawing board ...........

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

It does not matter if on .ca or .com, you will always have problems with shipping cost(unless free or partially embedded in price) and shipping time. It is just the fact of life and getting worse. I ship same day or next and get dinged constantly for shipping time as both Canada Post and USPS are extremely slow these days. Even the US is complaining about their service.

I list on both .com and .ca and it makes no difference. It is a lot of work to go through for, in my opinion, little if any benefit. As a test, start listing all your new ones on .ca and see what happens, if better, can change the rest little by little.

Let us know how it works out.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

They will also all show up in your store irregardless of where you list. If people buy items listed from both sites, they will have to make 2 separare payments and cost more in Paypal fees for you. Ebay will not combine payments from 2 different sites.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

now that's something I did not know about being able to combine the 2 sites for the shipping .... I'm really sitting on the fence with the switching because it will be LOTS of work and thought I should put the store on vacation for a few days to complete the whole turn over .... lol always some kind of " not simple " work to be done 🙂

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

There is away to make the job easier. The trick is to export all of your listings to excel using the middle selection called Turbo Lister Format (CSV file).  Then in Excel you will see a column for Country site code.  Canada is 2 and USA is  0.  You change that column to whichever country you want to sell on.  Once you change that column you import the excel file back into Turbo lister.  The piece that will be missing and what you will need to change is the shipping for all destinations.  If all of my items have the same shipping I can do a multi item edit and its all done very quickly if not you need to set up groups of item selections that all have the same shipping and then do the multi edits on those groups.  This is the only way you can convert 7000 listings with out it being a major job.  I personally would be lost without using Turbo lister, who ever made the software changes to some of the features in recent years was brilliant. Example say you want to end 4000 auctions in less than 15 mins.  All possible now with some of the new added features in Turbo Lister.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

im frustrated with .com   i would like to know how to change to .ca ...simply due to shipping being the most pain in the ass to seal with...I cannot add Canada post as a option ....why I do not know?? nor do i care...i just want it simple as possible and changed. I had listed before 5 years ago...never had an issue...now,i have listing that i cant look up or wont show in Canada cause of shipping settings....please do not explain how to fix the shipping...i just need to know how to change to .ca ! because of the .comn...i just gave away a $100 item for a dollar...plus my shipping is more than quoted !! soo I kinda want Canada Post as a option. eBay sucks more and more!! monoply on the market and charging fees soo much..Paypal is a Pay joke!! they are owned by eBay!! pinch money off everyone where they can...$5.00 on every $100 is fair enough!! man what the heck!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

As far as I know, you cannot bulk edit your listings to change them from .com to .ca, you have to do each one separately.  I don't use Turbo Lister but I believe there is an option to change the site but you still have to fill in the category, the item specifics and shipping as those aren't always consistent between sites.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

You can bulk edit your dotCOM listings to end in seven or 30 days or whatever, instead of Good Til Cancelled.

Then as a few come up each day, manually transfer the description and pictures over to dotCA.

By August 7th all your listings will be on dotCA.

Even if you find a way to do it all at once, when you will still have to manually enter the dimensions and weight and shipping service for each item. So doing a bit each day makes more sense to me.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Read my post from 2012, if you group all your similar items by shipping costs.  You can then bulk edit the shipping in Turbo Lister.

Also some one is right about what they said about the categories not always being the same in dot com vs ca.  But the majority are the same.  You also do not lose that information when you go the excel route.  If you do it individually you will lose the category.

I have been bulk transferring and editing using Turbo Lister for the last 9 years with no problems.  I can transfer thousands of listing in minutes rather than hours to any other countries format & shipping requirements.  This was learned the hard way through trial and error as there is no manual for Turbo Lister.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

You can bulk edit your dotCOM listings to end in seven or 30 days or whatever, instead of Good Til Cancelled.

Then as a few come up each day, manually transfer the description and pictures over to dotCA.

By August 7th all your listings will be on dotCA.

Even if you find a way to do it all at once, when you will still have to manually enter the dimensions and weight and shipping service for each item. So doing a bit each day makes more sense to me.

GTC cannot be edited to changed to format from GTC to 7 or 30 days when you individually edit them. You have to end the GTC listing then relist using sell similar to have all of the format and duration options.

If you do bulk edit GTC listing and can change the format and duration, i believe the bulk editor ends the GTC listing and creates a new fixed price listing with 7 or 30 days or whatever you choose. This will use up some or all of your free listing allotment and possibly go over and charge you.

I made a similar mistake by accident bulk editing fixed price to auction and it cancelled my FP and listed as an auction and used up many of my free listing. I got confused and thought I was bulk editing UnSold using Sell Similar but I was actually editing live active listings.

So I assume the same will be true for active GTC listing. You cannot change an active GTC duration one by one. Bulk edit may allow you to do this but it most likely will end  and relist.  Be very careful with bulk edit, it is very powerful and one can easily make big mistakes using it.

Perhaps someone else knows what happens if you try to change an active GTC with bulk edit.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

skylarstuff,

I exported using Turbo Lister Format (CSV file) changed the country site code to 0 for US in excel, saved it,  then tried to import it but got an error message when importing saying unable to import from file. Would appreciate any help you can give me. Do you know why?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

A seller on the Seller Central board was having the same problem with inability to import the edited CSV file. Is your TL completely up to date? What operating system and version of Excel do you use? I'm on Windows 7 and able to do it using a 2002 version of Microsoft Excel. Maybe newer versions of Windows and Excel are the root of the problem.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I just noticed that that seller reported that he found a workaround a while back that might work for you too - his explanation is at the bottom.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Listing-Tools/Editing-CSV-files-from-Turbo-Lister/m-p/332795#U33...

Message 17 of 17
latest reply