"Handling Time"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that I have a lot of "late shipment" penalties that I don't understand.  All packages arrived on a timely manner.

What does "....handling time you offer in your listings"?  I put 1 business day, maybe that is a mistake?

I see "Did the item arrive on or before Sunday, September 3, 2016?  Estimate Delivery Date September 3-6, 2016"  Is that where I am having problems is that I listed 1 business day for handling?  Should I put 3 or 5 business days for handling to protect myself?  Please advise.

I am a Canadian seller and live in Canada for your information.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

"Handling Time"?

On the other hand, I've not ever had a Tracked Packet USA mailing take 15 business days to reach its destination, so I do wonder what region is served by that end of the delivery estimate. A remote corner of Alaska? Or one of the protectorates?
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

"Handling Time"?

@Anonymous wrote:

I suggest you check PayPal Shipping.  It always shows 4-15 business days for Tracked Packet to USA and has been there since it was introduced a few years ago.  It is not a typo.

Yes I know that it says that on PayPal but since Canada post gives a different time on their site, it must be a typo on one of the sites and I would guess that PayPal is the one that is wrong.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

"Handling Time"?

Is there a place where Canada Post displays a range for Tracked Packet? I've always used the Find a Rate page to get the delivery estimate which seems to show either seven or eight business days for delivery, depending only on whether the destination is mainland or not.
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

"Handling Time"?

It's odd CPC would say four to seven for tracked packet there when it says seven or eight on the Find a Rate page where you go to estimate price for your order within an actual destination specified. It seems misleading for CPC to say one thing in one place and another in a different place. I picked through at least half the States in Find a Rate and NONE displayed a four-day delivery standard. Not one. I've had the occasional parcel make it to its USA destination that fast but it's not the rule.

Thank you for the link.
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

"Handling Time"?

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 26
latest reply