what is the rational for removing listings in U.S. dollars?

I lost a 100.00 sale this morning because I was forced to list in Canadian dollars.  My Amecan customer was upset to see the amount in Canadian dollars and refused to believe that they would be paying in their own currency which is substantially less.  I tried to explain that even though my listing was for 100.00 she would be paying 72.00 U.S.  because she was from the U.S.  She cancelled her sale because of her confusion.  I never, ever had a complaint about listing in U.S. dollars and I don't understand the rationale for ebay to force Canadian currency on us.  It makes zero sense.  They get their fees and commissions regardless of how it's listed but I am losing customers..

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@aalan009 wrote:

.. I tried to explain that even though my listing was for 100.00 she would be paying 72.00 U.S.  because she was from the U.S.

You need to stay on top of exchange rates when communicating.

Today's paypal cost to buy $100.00 Canadian is $79.90us -- not $72.00us.

-,,-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@aalan009 wrote:

.. I tried to explain that even though my listing was for 100.00 she would be paying 72.00 U.S.

You need to stay on top of exchange rates when communicating.

Today's paypal cost to buy $100.00 Canadian is $79.90us -- not $72.00us.

Mistyped: today's cost is $77.90us

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just asked them to call PayPal to ensured them how much they will pay in reality .Always work for me .Didnt lost any sales in USA

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@aalan009 wrote:

I lost a 100.00 sale this morning because I was forced to list in Canadian dollars.  My Amecan customer was upset to see the amount in Canadian dollars and refused to believe that they would be paying in their own currency 

Sorry for your loss.  It will never go back to the old way so do like everyone else who does not want their American customers to vanish completely:  List on .COM in US Dollars.  There are sellers all over the world who want to sell to Americans and the list on .COM.  We used to have the choice and now we don't.  Adjust and adapt.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I too am struggling with listing on .ca.  When I listed in US $, at least 50 % or more were to US buyers, now it is only 5%.  I have lost an entire market.  I will continue to list on .ca but I will slowly move my listings over to .com.  

alison.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply