2013 Fall Seller Updates

Discuss the 2013 Fall Seller Updates here!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

2013 Fall Seller Updates

I do not mean to be picky but Canadians would appreciate the courtesy of Canadian spelling on eBay.ca announcements.

For example: "eBay Top Rated Seller Resource Center."

Should obviously read eBay Top Rated Seller Resource Centre. (as it does in the link)

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

@pierrelebel wrote:

I do not mean to be picky but Canadians would appreciate the courtesy of Canadian spelling on eBay.ca announcements.

For example: "eBay Top Rated Seller Resource Center."

Should obviously read eBay Top Rated Seller Resource Centre. (as it does in the link)

Absolutely - we'll make the change. Appreciate the head's up!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

Hi Kevin; We have been on ebay with wonderful feedbacks and all of at once we got knocked down in your view of listings, from top-rated seller to zero. My wife and I started on computers at 69 and now we are 82, She emailed ebay to find out why with no reply. So we haven't done anything since, cause the get up and got depleted. So I thought I would try as we still have alot to list before someone call us. So please tell us WHY. John.    miki01-123

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

2013 Fall Seller Updates

I noticed Stamps are not listed. Since they are now, does that mean they are being removed and listed as a sub-category?

Thanks for the heads up. James

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

The title says ....Seller Updates.

How do buyers find out this will be the new regulations...

Do buyers also get a notice about this and all Seller Updates.

There is a major part that relates to feedback and can affect buyers' perception of feedback  and what is or is not acceptable 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

I really don't care what "enhancements" that ebay adds for sellers.  I will never sell on ebay again.  Ebay has nothing but punative policies that allow deadbeat buyers to create problems....what does ebay do?...nothing!

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

Ebay has got to have THE WORST track records for resolving seller's issues favourably. One cannot even get a phone conversation with a representative in Canada. When one calls for ebay support after 45 minutes to one hour EBAY transfers one to ASIA where some small-minded individuals offer no support to sellers or any reasonable resolutions. My store has consistnently delivered large cash commissions to Ebay on our sales and listings. Ebay rewards this by allowing unreasonable feedback and refusing to remove it, Ebay rewards good sellers with calls that are routed to a foreign country. Furthermore Ebay allows foreign nationals (ie Russia) to register on Ebay .com and pretend to purchase as an american and then refuse to pay actual shipping costs to Russia. Then Ebay allows such individuals to make non-delivery claims for items on which they did not remit actual shipping cost to RUSSIA. Canadian sellers need and deserve Canadian based support and policy resolution. THIS IS THE MOST UNREASONABLE BUYER SLANTED IMPERVIOUS TO REASON system that I have ever come accross. SELLER UPDATE is a lot of hot air. EBAY  is NEVER THERE to support sellers. EBAY likes to be paid for store subscriptions but offers no store account manager. JUST AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!!

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

We need a Canadian based account support for SELLERS who pay store subscriptions!

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

Ebay seller support is the most hateful small and unresonable system that one could ever encounter!

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

FALL SELLER update is a lot of hot air. EBAY NEVER rewards sellers and ALWAYS allows the most unreasonable customer service to continue without improvements.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

If EBAY had any guts or respect for sellers there would be a 24/7/365 Canadian office with toll-free number where one could speak to a liason for those with EBAY stores!

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

"Canadian sellers need and deserve Canadian based support and policy resolution."

Onvce upon a time eBay had support staff in Canada.  All 700 were laid off four years ago:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/05/05/bc-ebay-closes-office.html

This was followed by the opening of a customer support centre in the Phillippines.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

Question as regards your supposed expanded feedback removal rules.

Here is an example.

Buyer purchased Souvenir sheet of Mint never hinged Canadian stamps. Seller shipped it within one day via Canada Post expedited parcel AND provided tracking number. Seller shipped item in glassine envelope within sturdy cardboard mailing envelope. Buyer receives item and claims it was not as described because somehow during delivery the envelope was exposed to water damage and the interior contents were made wet and the item subsequently arrived in damaged condition to Buyer. Buyer asks for refund. Sellers asks for return of item to see proof of damage. In the interim BUYER leaves negative feedback for SELLER. Buyer opens case on EBAY support. Ebay decides in BUYERS favour and refunds the money BEFORE the Seller has received return of the item. Furthermore SELLER only receives damaged returned item some 8 weeks later by regular mail. The item is indeed damaged. In the interim EBAY HAS REFUNDED BUYER FROM SELLER ACCOUNT cost of item and shipping. Ebay has allowed negative feedback to stand. SELLER has lost total amount of sale and shipping. (more than $50.00 US) and has lost cost of SHIPPING an d now has a valueless damaged item.

In such a situation SELLER Clearly acted in good faith. SELLER refuzsed to refund until seeing and receiving "so-called item not as described". EBAY used buyer protection to reimburse buyer who returned the item in damaged condition WITHOUT tracking information.

Under the new feedback removal policy should this type of situation not be condidered flood damgae and NOT impact SELLERS PROFILE? When feedback removal was requested EBAY customer support REFUSED to remove. Saying" under ebay rules" this kind of feedback cannot be removed. 

Well I ask why not?

Is it EBAYS goal to damage seller's reputation and find excuses to charge higher commssions based on this ridiculous feedback system?

Does Ebay customer support really think that seller would sell a mint never himnged souvenir sheet, pack it in a cardboard envelope and then dip it in  water to damage it, and then send it to the buyer? Can anyone at EBAY demonstrate some common courtesy and common sense and remove such a feedabck in such a situation beyond seller's control? 

So far the answer has been an unquivocal NO when one approaches EBAY customer supporty.

It seems to me upon reading "expanded" resons for feedback removal that this would certainly qualify.

But then one must realize that what EBAY advertises as support and policy is never applied in a meaningful and just way!

EBAY PRETENDS to be fair and just by advertising the "possibilituy" of feedback removal. In practice it seems they are as closed-minded and as unreasonable as ever.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

Under new feedback removal rules if a case is decided in Sellers favour any negative feedback is to be automatically removed. Well if that is so why does ebay refuse to remove such feedback when request is made?

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

@chela2021 wrote:

Seller shipped it within one day via Canada Post expedited parcel AND provided tracking number. 

I am sorry to read this happened to you. 😞 Since you shipped with Expedited, you have at least $100 of insurance included with Canada Post. Did you make a claim with them? Did you insure your stamps for full value?

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

Refund from Canad post for item damaged in transit is not the point. The point is why should Ebay let negative feedback stand in such a situation. The answer is that EBAY WANTS to destroy sellers reputation so that they do not have to give discounts. Under the so called "expanded rules for feedback removal" negtative feedback from such as case should be easily removed by EBAY upon request. As I stated EBAY HAS THE WORST MOST AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT FOR SELLERS! Is EBAY going to do anything to improve such a situation? Does EBAY think that it is appropriate to have seller waste time dealing with close-minded unreasonable foreign-based customer service?

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

2013 Fall Seller Updates

The fall seller update does nothing to TRULY improve seller experience. So long as seller standing is dependent upon feedback from buyers( half of which never leave feedback). The EBAY FEEDBACK system is skewed to be weighted against sellers because it does nothing to force buyers who have received brand new product and timely delivery to leave positive feedback. Due to this fact one could send out 100 items shipped with tracking within one day  of buyer purchase and only receive 50 positive feedbacks because BUYERS are not obliged, nor does the EBAY system make provisions for automatic positive feedback when proof of delivery is available to EBAY. The net result of this is that all the percentages as expressed on EBAY feedback system are not truly representative of seller performance.Furthermore this allows a few negative feedbacks to have a greater impact on seller standing than they should as Ebay feedback percentages are not the true picture of Seller service and activity. Naturally because all EBAY cares about is filling its pockets with fees from sellers for store subscriptions, final value fees and listing fees for which they get paid automatically, they have no care or incentive to improve the situation. EBAY is a greedy machine only interested in filling its own bank accounts. All this talk of "EBAY seller support" is pure hogwash designed to create the ILLUSION of caring about sellers.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply