2016 Fall Seller Update

Hello Canadian sellers,

Today we have published the details of the 2016 Fall Seller Update. You can read the details here, and use this thread for any questions. I'll do my best to reply as time permits.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

What are sellers supposed to do that have 1000's of listings on Turbo Lister with it being no longer supported?

Hi dutchman,

Unfortunately, sellers who use Turbo Lister to create their listings will have to move to another tool. Assuming that in your example, the seller's 1000's of listings are live on the site, they should be able to pick up management of their listings and inventory from Selling Manager or any other tool.

But selling manager and selling manager pro will also both be gone!

If you look closely at the announcement, you'll see that there isn't a Seller Tools page in the eBay.ca announcement, the link takes you to eBay.com.

Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro can only go away once Seller Hub is in place, so rest assured, you can continue using Selling Manager on eBay.ca until such time as Selling Hub launches here. 

In the meantime, I would highly recommend for everyone to opt-in to Seller Hub on eBay.com and start getting a feel for it., It's a truly fantastic tool that has all the functionality of SM/SMPro and more.

I was also told previously, that Turbo Lister would not go away. I guess once my premium store term is up, I will downgrade to Basic or not store and Use Ebid, Bonanza, and Delcampe as a listing tool as there is no other free way to store listings.

I did read the post previously and also read if you only have a basic store or no store, you will not have full use of the Hub just as you do not get selling manager pro unless you pay for it.

I think Ebay just wants sellers willing to pay for a premium store or higher and they really could care less about the smaller sellers. And on top of that, Canada continually gets the shaft, just like the Hub on .com. What about the Hub on .ca, same as all the ID codes that sellers here get shafted with.

I really have lost faith in anything Ebay says or does due to the constant neglect and speak with forked tongue attitude as far as Canada is concerned.

Message 21 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@theodoreides wrote:

If I opt into the Seller Hub on .com as you are recommending, can I list on .ca in Canadian $$ from there? 

You can only list on eBay.com from eBay.com, so no.

What I'm suggesting is to test drive Seller Hub since it's available on eBay.com.

So, how will it work for sellers that list on .com and .ca. With TL it would be no problem at all

Message 22 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it necessary for eBay to always adding something or changing something that is often negative or time consuming too often?  I really hate any updates coming each time!!

Message 23 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Hi Raphael,

I have store my listings on Turbo Lister 2 and I list in USD on eBay.com. Will I still be able to Bulk List on eBay.com with TL2 since eBay.com is already using the new Seller Hub?

I opted out using the new Seller Hub, as I prefer the previous version. 

Thanks,

Derrick

Message 24 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@around_again_records wrote:

Where do we find this Seller Hub.

I too have thousands of listings on Turbo Lister, and would like to figure out this Hub thing before I continue adding listings to Turbo Lister.

Will I be able to store my database on my computer like I do with Turbo Lister?

Will I be able to transfer listings in Bulk from Turbo Lister to the Hub, without a lot of mucked up data that has to be rechecked and re-done, or do I have to, or am I better off to just start over again (That's a depressing thought)

So many questions, I guess I'd like as much information as possible about transferring from Turbo Lister to the Hub. 

Hi around_again_records,

Seller Hub is only available on eBay.com for now.

I'm not sure how much of the stuff you have in Turbo Lister you'll be able to move back to eBay, as Seller Hub will work slightly differently in terms of how it'll manage your inventory and listings. One thing for sure, the listings that are live will be there in Seller Hub and you'll be able to duplicate/save/copy from them without problems. The part I'm unsure about would be templates that you may have in TL.

What would be my best action to start preparing right now. There is no point in continuing to use Turbo Lister and I have been making up many new listings and plan to make many more.

I am not familiar with Selling Manager. Would it be better for the switchover if I started using that now for any new listings, and also to try and bring my current Turbo Lister items over into Selling Manager?

If the above would be a good idea, can you give me a link to Selling Manager. Something that will show me how to set it up and get started with it.

Does selling Manager store my listings in a database like Turbo Lister? Can the database be on my computer so I can work offline rather than working on the eBay site which when I've tried it before seemed very slow going.

Message 25 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@mjwl2006 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I have serious misgivings about the integrity of the Product Catalogue. On the rare occasion where I have had a match, the Item Specifics are grossly incorrect and contaminate my pristine listing with mis-information. What assurance is ebay giving to sellers that these egregious errors will be rectified before we are forced into using them on all our listings? If I allowed them to stand on mine, buyers would easily win SNAD as a result of the Product Catalogue details.

For more information, please see:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-to-Announce-2016-Fall-Seller-Release-Today/td-p/3490...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/BEWARE-THE-BULK-EDITOR-ADDS-PRODUCT-CATALOGUE-DETAILS-TO-...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Bulk-Listing-manager-Malfunction-on-Product-Identiifers/m-p/...

Hi Maureen,

As far as I know, the issue with the bulk edit tool changing item specifics has been resolved.

In terms of guaranteeing accuracy in the catalogue, all I can say is we will correct errors as they show up. There is a team 100% dedicated to making sure that product identifiers connect to the right catalogue products. If you run into this kind of issue, please report the error promptly via the link provided on the product page.

Unless that happened within the last two weeks, no, it has not. I spent an more than an hour trying to get rid of it from one of my Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment listings one lovely August weekend.

Where do I find the 'link' on the Product Page? I am assuming it will allow me to do so before I incorporate that corrupt data to my listing? Can you show me a screenshot, please? 

Thank you,

Maureen

Sorry, I gave you the wrong info. The link on product pages was the old way to report errors in the catalogue.

The process now is to email dl-ebay-catalogsubmission@ebay.com to report erroneous information on catalogue products. As usual, I'd advise on being as detailed as possible when describing the issue and to provide the correct information that should replace the wrong one.

Message 26 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Hi Judith,

@lucitabby wrote:

In the shipping and returns sections, it is based on ebay generated USPS return labels.  Is there not a Canadian Fall Seller Update? 

There is a Canadian seller update, but Replacements and Exchanges isn't part of it. Like the announcement around Seller Tools, the Returns part only applies to eBay.com.

@lucitabby wrote:

For product id, it states:  "By February 2017, for most categories, newly-created listings will require at least one type of product identifier (e.g. UPC, GTIN, one of the above, etc.). Also, note that the options “Does not Apply” and “NA” will no longer be available for the majority of items." 

Most of my items are either old, antiques, collectibles or "stuff" with no UPC,  What does one put  for these items? 

If you're listing in a category that requires a product identifier and that the item you're listing doesn't have a UPC or equivalent code, you'll be able to create your own whenever Not Applicable isn't available as an option.

@lucitabby wrote:

Did I miss reading about the new and improved shopping cart? 

I don't believe there was an announcement about a new shopping cart.

@lucitabby wrote:

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of us Canucks, 

Our pleasure! Thank you for the kind words.

Message 27 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@theodoreides wrote:

If I opt into the Seller Hub on .com as you are recommending, can I list on .ca in Canadian $$ from there? 

What I'm suggesting is to test drive Seller Hub since it's available on eBay.com.

So, how will it work for sellers that list on .com and .ca. With TL it would be no problem at all

TL is going away, better get used to the idea.

I'm not sure of what you are asking. Sellers will have to log into eBay.ca to list on eBay.ca, and log in to eBay.com to list on eBay.com. On either site, they'll have what tools are available on that site. Same as today. 

Message 28 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it necessary for eBay to always adding something or changing something that is often negative or time consuming too often?  I really hate any updates coming each time!!

Hi honeybed1950,

I know change comes with its share of pain most of the time, but if we didn't work to improve the marketplace we would never endure over time. Change is necessary and what seems negative at first is usually due to the friction coming from the necessary adaptation, but in the long run things do get better. Thanks for your patience and perseverance.

Message 29 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Raphael,

I have store my listings on Turbo Lister 2 and I list in USD on eBay.com. Will I still be able to Bulk List on eBay.com with TL2 since eBay.com is already using the new Seller Hub?

I opted out using the new Seller Hub, as I prefer the previous version. 

Thanks,

Derrick

Hey Derrick,

As stated on the eBay.com announcement, TL will be retired in the 2017 Spring. Once that happens, you'll no longer be able to list with TL, on eBay.com or on any other site.

I highly recommend taking the time to get used to Seller Hub. It's a shift in paradigm - one does need to change how they work with it. But it is a superior product.

Message 30 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

I too have thousands of listings on Turbo Lister, and would like to figure out this Hub thing before I continue adding listings to Turbo Lister.

Will I be able to transfer listings in Bulk from Turbo Lister to the Hub, without a lot of mucked up data that has to be rechecked and re-done, or do I have to, or am I better off to just start over again (That's a depressing thought)

So many questions, I guess I'd like as much information as possible about transferring from Turbo Lister to the Hub. 

Hi around_again_records,

I'm not sure how much of the stuff you have in Turbo Lister you'll be able to move back to eBay, as Seller Hub will work slightly differently in terms of how it'll manage your inventory and listings. One thing for sure, the listings that are live will be there in Seller Hub and you'll be able to duplicate/save/copy from them without problems. The part I'm unsure about would be templates that you may have in TL.

What would be my best action to start preparing right now. There is no point in continuing to use Turbo Lister and I have been making up many new listings and plan to make many more.

I am not familiar with Selling Manager. Would it be better for the switchover if I started using that now for any new listings, and also to try and bring my current Turbo Lister items over into Selling Manager?

If the above would be a good idea, can you give me a link to Selling Manager. Something that will show me how to set it up and get started with it.

Does selling Manager store my listings in a database like Turbo Lister? Can the database be on my computer so I can work offline rather than working on the eBay site which when I've tried it before seemed very slow going.

Seller Hub and Selling Manager don't work like Turbo Lister at all, in that they are 100% web based.

My best advice would be to start exclusively using Selling Manager for all your listing management needs, meaning to create new listings, revise existing ones and relist old ones. If all the listings you have in your TL database are live on the site, you won't have to import anything as they will all appear in SM without having to do anything.

Getting used to Selling Manager will help when you get to Seller Hub as they work in a similar way.

You can subscribe to Selling Manager here (it's free): http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayManageSubscriptions

Message 31 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Many of my items are vintage or used items and rarely have a UPC code. Are we still able to sell these on eBay?

Message 32 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@theodoreides wrote:

TL is going away, better get used to the idea.

I'm not sure of what you are asking. Sellers will have to log into eBay.ca to list on eBay.ca, and log in to eBay.com to list on eBay.com. On either site, they'll have what tools are available on that site. Same as today. 

I am well aware it is going away, that is not the issue.

What you are saying is to use the Hub, if it works, will require listing from both .ca and .com instead of one location.

In other words, more areas to have things go wrong, and more work??

Message 33 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Until the 'not as described' policy is revised to reasonably offer sellers protection from arbitrary & un-quantifiable claims, and return shipping at economical cost is baked into the system, I will not sell on eBay...

Message 34 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hi around_again_records,

Seller Hub and Selling Manager don't work like Turbo Lister at all, in that they are 100% web based.

My best advice would be to start exclusively using Selling Manager for all your listing management needs, meaning to create new listings, revise existing ones and relist old ones. If all the listings you have in your TL database are live on the site, you won't have to import anything as they will all appear in SM without having to do anything.

Getting used to Selling Manager will help when you get to Seller Hub as they work in a similar way.

You can subscribe to Selling Manager here (it's free): http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayManageSubscriptions

Thanks a lot Raphael. I will get started with Selling Manager. Hope there is Promo day after all this Postal Strike business is over. Then I will list everything I have and get it into Selling Manager.

LOL, You will probably be getting a lot of questions from me in future Wednesday Meetings. It will take me awhile to get a system going again. I have problems with things that other people set up. I prefer organizing things my way, not to mention, I've kind of lost trust in computer programs that try to do everything for everybody - too complex to get everything right and too much time wasted trying to make someone else's system work for me.

Message 35 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

All the Category Changes sub-pages show the changes taking place in 2016

except for Entertainment Memorabilia which is dated June 2010

Could you give me the link to the page in question? Thanks!

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate16/category-and-item.html

which has a link to:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/growing/categorychanges/entmem.html

Message 36 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Raphael: I've subscribed to Selling Manager and have been looking around.

I noticed under Listing Tools that Turbo Lister is still there. I hope you plan to remove that. It doesn't seem right to encourage people to start using a program when it is going to be discontinued in a few months.

Actually I kept running into Turbo Lister information in quite a few different areas when I was trying to find information on Selling Manager. I can understand keeping help files up there, but there seem to be a lot of place where it is still advertised as a Listing Tool, and there are no warnings that it won't be viable in a few months.

Message 37 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Turbolister died for me about one year ago

I immediately moved to Auctiva, which has worked well for me.

I was able to retain an old copy of Turbolister on my Windows XP computer... and use that as a source of templates for my listings.

Wonder if Turbolister will eventually die on me totally

Message 38 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

That may explain what i saw on my listing yesterday......
Message 39 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@katlover1952 wrote:

Many of my items are vintage or used items and rarely have a UPC code. Are we still able to sell these on eBay?

Yes. For items that don't have a product identifier, you'll be able to create your own. 

Message 40 of 79
latest reply