Is anyone else bothered by the fact that eBay reduced the top rated seller Discount to 10%?

Not just that 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that eBay reduced the top rated seller Discount to 10%?

My account summary still shows my discount at 20%, this week's after the supposed change was made! What Gives? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay customer service rep says nothing they can do, even though my account info shows a 20% discount on final value fees. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Class action lawsuit Anyone?  10% for me is about $30-50 monthly, but multiply that by thousands of sellers!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I'm not really bothered by it. Ten per cent less or 20 per cent less for TRS is hardly worth doing the math to me in terms of a value change. I'd say it's a fair exchange for dumping all those obnoxious ads that move sales off-site and slow down the browsing experience. There was a trade-off, if you recall. It wasn't just a less reduction for TRS sellers on FVF for no reason. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The OP is engaging in wishful thinking.

The 10% is mentioned in all the legal spots, but still shows as 20% on the seller dashboard.

-..-

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Lost my TRS due to lack of sales so the % no longer matters and I no longer care as do not have to concern self with maintaining the criteria. I list & hopefully a few items sell from time to time, no worries....

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

There was a trade-off, if you recall. It wasn't just a less reduction for TRS sellers on FVF for no reason. 

Trade-off? I don't remember receiving any trade off for my decreased discount.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ad Content moving buyers off-site being banned is what has been cited for the trade-off to reducing sellers' Top Rated Discount from 20 per cent to 10 per cent. It was in the update (link below). In exchange, we get credits to use toward Promoted Listings. http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/2017spring/index.html

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

There are still plenty of Ad Content on the site. So I didn't see any change regarding that.... unless I'm missing something?

As for Promoted Listings... only applicable to certain sellers the way I read it. But maybe I'm wrong, I did read that part very fast.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply