November 24: automatic relist NOT free

Updates to the automatic relist feature, currently available to some sellers:

• Starting November 24, items relisted via the automatic relist feature available to some sellers will count towards your monthly allotment of free listings. Once your allotment of free listings is used up (or if the relisted item does not qualify for free listing), the standard insertion fee per listing will apply, as well as any optional feature fees.
  • Starting later this year, the automatic relist feature will no longer be available for 1- and 3-day duration listings.
  • Starting November 24, if you opt-in to the automatic relist feature, your item will automatically be relisted up to two times.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Here is a link to the eBay Canada announcement on the Automatic Relist changes:

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/10/23/7642/

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just to make this clear.

If I list an item today and tick the automatic re-list button (ticked by default) it will automatically re-list Dec. 7th. I will then be charged a listing fee but then a credit will appear on my statement as it was re-listed before Nov. 24th.

Is that correct??

(or it will be counted as one of the free 50 listings?)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@cjacki wrote:

Just to make this clear.

If I list an item today and tick the automatic re-list button (ticked by default) it will automatically re-list Dec. 7th. I will then be charged a listing fee but then a credit will appear on my statement as it was re-listed before Nov. 24th.

Is that correct??

(or it will be counted as one of the free 50 listings?)

As I read it:

If you have free listings left, the relist will be charged against your free listings, and eBay will give you an extra free listing back when they make adjustments.  Whether eBay manages to do that without screwing things up is another matter.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"IGNORE THE AUTOMATIC RE-LIST BOX!"

When it first showed up in the fall that was what my inner voice was screaming at me.

I should have listened to it. 

Anything a seller can not edit through the bulk editing available, should be avoided like the black plague. Cat Mad

I would like free listing for life after the aggravation I went through editing my 1,000 plus listings (on 3 sites) after eBay changed the policy, several times.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply