.com vs .ca

I would like to keep my listing in USD funds...does this mean I need to recreate all my listings on that sight? Will there be any penalties or will this make it more difficult when needing help from a representative?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

.com vs .ca

I would like to keep my listing in USD funds...does this mean I need to recreate all my listings on that sight?

You can list in U.S. dollars until June 1 but if you wanted to list today on .com you would have to recreate each listing. But ebay is setting up a tool that will help to migrate your listings from one currency to the other and/or from one site to the other.   That tool won't be ready until May.

Will there be any penalties or will this make it more difficult when needing help from a representative?

No penalties and it won't make it more difficult to get help.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

.com vs .ca

You have nearly 60 days to move your items. That's about two a day for you. Do you feel less pressure now?

You could do each as they get to their last day before they automatically relist if you are using Good Til Cancelled. Or just wait until their term is over (7 days, 30 days) if you went that way.

On the other hand, since you currently ship worldwide, you may find it less work to leave your listings on dotCA, in Canadian dollars, because your items are bulky enough to require parcel rates.

And parcel rates vary with destination, dimensions and weight.

On dotCA you can use Calculated Shipping. On dotCOM you will be forced to use Flat Rate Shipping.

Meanwhile, if your American buyer is Searching on dotCOM, she sees your prices in USD, no matter what currency you list in.

Your European buyer, Searching on dotDE, sees your prices in euros, no matter what currency you list in.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

.com vs .ca

That tool won't be ready until May.

This worries me. They say the tool is ready in May, but May what? The 30th, and how user friendly will it be and what restrictions. I look forward to see this tool.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

.com vs .ca

@jersey..authentix wrote:

That tool won't be ready until May.

This worries me. They say the tool is ready in May, but May what?

As it says on the announcement page: May 2

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

.com vs .ca

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply