eBay sellers fees vs customers pending payments or not paying anyway buyer

maybe it's only me, but I'm really stuffed to see this situation always happening:

you sold 1 item (great), You have already the fees adjusted on your seller balance account (it's alright)

Did you received the payment for your selling item ? ( yes or not your seller balance is always growing up); so if 40 peoples buy from you, and 30 are in late to send a payment (or even a cleared payment, that you have to wait  for the next season...) you are already in debt on your seller account !!!

Just few dimes, and dimes and 2,3 400$ to supported, before receiving your "real payment".

My question is now: until the payment was sent and cleared, how I have to be "indirectly invoiced for fees, or see my seller fees balance growing up" ?

It's a lake of time to open cases for unpaid item, have to wait before the delay before closing tham and to see your account credited back for that, , near 1 week later.

It's an open question, just want to ear from all of us

thank  you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The fees payable to eBay are charged and become due when a sale takes place, not when a payment is received.

The PayPal fees are charged to you when a payment is received.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Althouigh they are charged and become due at the time of the sale, you will only be charged once a month. So you have a grace period. 

Sometimes this will be 30 days sometimes only a few hours. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Surprised no one mentioned to you to check the box that payment has to be immediate if the listings are fixed priced.

I have the automatic assitant file a case for me 8 days after payment has not been received and 7 days later my FVF is refunded.

All my listings say that payment must be received within 7 days. I ask that buyers contact me 3 days after the sale, if I do not hear from them, that is when I send them a second invoice if payment has not been received.

After that the automatic assitant kicks in and it works really well. I don't know what those message say to them but 70% of the time the buyer pays up.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

All my listings say that payment must be received within 7 days. I ask that buyers contact me 3 days after the sale, if I do not hear from them, that is when I send them a second invoice if payment has not been received.

Unfortunately, I believe this comes under "unfriendly terms' and is more likely to turn off good customers than to reform bad ones.

The automatic assistant is fine, and the second invoice is fine, it's the  7day and three day warning part that bugs me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply