if i want to sell only in USD can i made it by my acount with ebay.ca or have to open another?

xspawn20
Community Member

if i want to sell only in USD can i made it by my acount with ebay.ca or have to open another account?

thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

if i want to sell only in USD can i made it by my acount with ebay.ca or have to open another?

This question has been asked and answered several times in the last 24 hours following the announcement that eBay.ca will become a single currency site - just like all other 20+ eBay international sites.

A registered eBay seller can sell on ALL eBay sites in the currency of that site.  There is no need for duplicate registration.

For over seventeen years I have this one user ID to list on eBay.ca, eBay.com, eBay.uk and eBay.fr

When listing on eBay.com you must list in US$ (there is no other option)

When listing on eBay.uk you must list in £ (there is no other option).

When listing on eBay.fr or eBay.de you must list in € (there is no other option)

Only Canada offered dual currencies and that option will be eliminated within a few months.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Question for you Pierre; when many of us switch to .com to list, how will this affect our ability to print shipping labels? Affected or not effected?

Will we still be able to charge Canadians appropriate taxes using are tax table? Reason I ask is I listed 1 item on .com and went to see if the tax table carried our Provinces, but all I was able to see was the US states.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I answered your shipping question on another thread but will post it here too.

You can still print shipping labels from .ca regardless of where your listing is. Or, you can print labels directly from Paypal.

As long as the tax tables on .ca are filled out your Canadian buyers should still be charged tax. I don't know this first hand but Pierre mentioned it early as did Raphael or Rodney.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

and my question would be, how do we make the switch to .com  ( in bulk ) don't want to relist one by one, it will take a while !!!

any ideas...anyone ??

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I frankly do not know of any way to do it in bulk at this time.

Each listing must change the shipping method.  When listing on eBay.com "domestic" means USA

So you need a shipping method and shipping rate for domestic shipment

Then you need a shipping method and shipping rate for Canada

Finally you need a shipping method and shipping rate for other countries (besides USA and Canada.

The shipping calculator cannot be used and fixed shipping rates have to be determined for each listing.

Good Luck

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When you read the update it specifies a tool that they will have available in May which will allow sellers to make bulk change to change the currency on their listings or to transfer the listings from .ca to .com  I'm sure that will still involve some extra work but not as much as if you did the changes today.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply