How do I use shipping rate tables on my listing.

ok, really having a nightmare on this one.

Explanations would be great guys 🙂

I have set up a postage policy and I ticked the large/bulky package option. It says underneath specify your shipping in your item description as it removes any further options within the policy settings themselves.

If I choose flat rate [same for all] I do get 2 tick boxes at the bottom for international and domestic rate tables so I tick them as that is waht I want to use but because I chose flat rate to get those 2 tick boxes it wants me to add a value which defeats the shipping rate tables really.

Other option is self collection which again turns off all other options in the policy page.

When I post my item I get the choice of choosing the policy which is set to large bulky packages etc.

I can enter dimensions and a weight but the ebay help description suggests I should see the option to tick the rate tables which I do not get. It mentions I cna add more options from within the P&P heading section of the item listing but I do not get that option either.

I have buyers which is great news but all of them are asking for me turn on the postage /sigh

I would love to but cannot get any options at all to tick postage rate table as the postage setting. I have set the tables up for both domestic and international.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am pulling my hair out trying to work this out 😞

Cheers all.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you are using Flat Rate Shipping to ship large parcels, you are going to be losing money on postage.

Here are a couple of Canadian postal codes.

V8R 5G8/ K0A 0A6/ A1B 4J6 

and for the USA

90210/ 20500.

Go to canadapost.ca and enter the same set of dimensions and weights for each of those codes.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e2s1

And save that link- it is ridiculously hard to find.

See the differences?

And use METRIC measurements. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and every other measurement will be an estimate.

The Calculated Shipping doesn't show you any tables. Instead it shows your customer how much postage is to his address.

You can see this if you go to your listing->Shipping & Handling-> and then enter various destinations.

It's automatic.

You don't need any table. Certainly not in your listing.

BDR-- Buyers Don't Read.

Make the customer's job as easy as possible.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Two other thoughts.

Before you try selling, do some buying.

One purchase might be a digital scale. They sell for under $20 at Canadian Tire (Starfrit) so other items might be better. Make your purchases from all of Canada, USA and overseas to get a picture of how the system works from the buyer's perspective.

And you should know that your customers' cleared payments will be Held (in escrow) by Paypal for 21 days, but you have only 7 days to ship.

You get a discount of 5% to 18% on many services and the money will be taken from the Held funds.

This is a temporary condition used as Buyer Protection. Nothing personal but you have to make a fair number of successful sales for your payments to start coming directly.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply