I want to buy a portable sandblasting in the US, but they wont accept my canadian address to bid

how can I go around this canadian address blokage?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I want to buy a portable sandblasting in the US, but they wont accept my canadian address to bid

Contact the seller.

However, sellers are allowed to choose where they are willing to ship. Most, for example, will not ship to Nigeria or indeed anywhere in Africa.

This item is large enough and expensive enough that suggesting that the seller look into the Seller Protections of the Global Shipping Program may help change his mind.

Of course, if you thought you could avoid GST and duty by buying online from the US, the GSP kills that idea. You will be paying those upfront.

And don't forget foreign exchange. The loonie is at 0.768 cents USD mid-market rate today. So multiply the USD price by 1.30 to get the approximate CDN dollar price.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I know that all taxes need to be paid so unit can be imported to Canada.
My problem is that unit I want to purchase is selling by bid!!!
When I place a bid I get a message saying that my canadian address is not good and my bid is not accepted.
How can I make a bid to purchase unit.

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am ready to pick up unit in the US and transport it myself to Canada
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

fammefan1946 already told you:
CONTACT THE SELLER! If you are willing to pick it up, they mighty let you..ask them if they will ship it to you if you will pay the extra shipping costs.
Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

Here is where the "Ask a question button is in a listing."

The ask a question button.png

Alex

PS: I got a little crazy with my photo editing Smiley Wink

This is my POSTING id.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply