How can I promote my items? Please help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Promoted Listings are available to store subscribers on ebay Canada coming soon.

Otherwise, utilize Free Shipping to maximize your placement in Best Match. A short handling time also helps. 

You can try creating a blog that talks about your listings, or link them to your personal feedback page too.

I run ads on kijiji that say, 'Come to my ebay store and ask about Cash Payment and Local Pickup' but I never, ever ever take the sale off-site. The incentive I offer is Local Pickup. but it still must be a purchase made through ebay with their ebay buyer ID. If that person is coming to my doorstep to get stuff from me to save money on shipping, I expect to save money on paypal fees, and I want to know where their doorstep is located. Quid pro quo. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

p.s. I think (but I am not positive) that you have your multi-variation sizing in the drop-down set-up incorrectly. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

First the best way to promote your products is with your title.

You have 80 keystrokes FREE and those appear in eBay Search.

They also may appear in Google Search.

Second most 'one-off' buyers are going to be Searching on a mobile.

Have you looked at your listings on a phone? (Preferably some one else's.)

There are differences.

For the one-off buyer, who is only buying for himself, you NEED that drop down size menu.

And actually, since you get 50 listings FREE every month, you could have multiple listings for the same jacket in different sizes at no extra cost.

Your Descriptions are very clear, but again, on a mobile phone, they could be discouraging. Perhaps the one size per listing would be easier for mobile shoppers.

By the way, colour is not a problem (in my opinion) since it is visual.

You could have each jacket size as a different listing, with multiple colour combinations without confusing the mobile customer.

Hand made Letterman Baseball School Wool & Real Leather Sleeve Varsity Jacket

On a phone that might do better as : Varsity Jacket Wool real LEATHER Sz XL baseball school Hand Made Ships fr CANADA

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm sure you already realize that many of your orders could be for teams or for businesses who supply jackets to teams adding crests and numbers themselves.

Perhaps this is already a part of your business.

The listings you have now would work fine for those with a title that pushes the 'wholesale' pricing.  Can you sell 20 jackets for $50 each (a lot price of $1000)?

That's just an example. And purely guesswork.

With those you would be pushing your Canadian location, strong inventory, and fast turnaround.

No import fees!

You still have to state where the jackets are made, of course.

Which means losing this from your Description. "Customs charges if applicable will be paid by the buyer.  "

Some of the information in your Description is unnecessary for your one-off customer.

And is too much detail for your wholesale customer at this point.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

In your title, you have "jacket" as the last word.  It should be first or at least near the front as this is the item you are selling.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply