Selling from Canada eh.

shadrack77
Community Member

Hi, I am selling from Canada. My product's price, given the crazy exchange rate, is SO much more attractive selling to the US in $USD. I have a few questions for any other Canucks out there...

• Am I able to just sell on ebay.com and not on ebay .ca?
  • Will my listing be viewed in the $USD amount on .com?
  • What shipper provides the best pricing to the States?
  • Any wise tidbits anyone has gathered pertaining to selling from Canada would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Selling from Canada eh.

@shadrack77 wrote:

You can list on eBay.CA in Canadian or US dollars (if you use the advanced selling form).

The advantage of listing on eBay.CA is you can use calculated shipping.

-.-

Buyers viewing on eBay.COM will see the US$ equivalent for any listing (regardless of what currency it was listed in). Just like buyers viewing on eBay.CA will see the approximate Cdn$ value for all listings.

-.-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Selling from Canada eh.

Best shipper pricing?  Well, it depends on the size and weight of your items but overall, Canada Post is your best bet.

Visit  canadapost.ca  for rates.

Also you will get a postage discount on expedited and tracked packages when you purchase the postage label from Paypal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Selling from Canada eh.

Does anyone have instructions for newbies to find the Advanced Sell Your Item Form?

We should be giving exact information to our new colleagues.

Does TurboLister allow newbies to use US dollars as currency while listing on eBaydotCA?

Those of us who use Macs can't use TurboLister.

shadrack77

Yes, but you will not be able to use Calculated Shipping. This is very important if your items are thicker than 2 cm and weigh more than 500 gr

If a customer sees your listing on any site, she sees the opening bid/asking price in her own currency as well as the original listing currency.

So if you list something at, say $10CDN a customer in the States sees it as $7USD/$10CDM and a customer in Germany sees it as E6.40.

However, while most of the world can cope with this, Americans often panic about it. Which is why I prefer to list in USD personally.

What shipper provides the best pricing to the States?

Canada Post

Use metric when calculating your parcel sizes Canada Post went metric in 1974 and everything else is guesswork.

Don't ship Surface overseas.

Don't dropship-- Sell what you know: Know what you sell.

Don't ship anything you can't afford to lose.

And above all.

Most people are honest.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply