view counter not operating correctly

Hi Guys,

The view counter on several of my listings do not operate correctly. 

The way that I think the counter works is a follows:

When I visit any of my listings, the view counter increases the count by one (only once per day).  If anyone else views my listing, it also adds to the view total (once per day ??????) or does it increase view number each and every time it is viewed by the same viewer regardless of time?  In other words, can an individual create false interest in a listing by viewing a listing from an outside PC, thereby inflating the view total?

Also, when I view my items,  some of the view counter totals do not change while others increase by one.  Why?

I have done this exercise for 3 consecutive days.

Each is listed on .ca and are for similar product.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The view counter and Watchers count has been a bit wonky for awhile now. I can add 'watchers' to my listing that don't exist by clicking the 'Watch' button and the number of watchers climbs except when you navigate away from the page, it hasn't because none of those watchers were real, it was just me clicking a button. Ebay must be tinkering with the metrics again. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

The view counter and Watchers count has been a bit wonky for awhile now. I can add 'watchers' to my listing that don't exist by clicking the 'Watch' button and the number of watchers climbs except when you navigate away from the page, it hasn't because none of those watchers were real, it was just me clicking a button. Ebay must be tinkering with the metrics again. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply