Accused of selling fakes

Hello, 

I am hoping I can get some help. I have been an Ebay member since 2005 and Selling since 2010. This is a first for me. I have recently been accused of selling fakes. 

There is a first time for eveything but why would the buyer not resolve the issue with me first before leaving this inflamitory feedback, stating "100% Fake"

How does a seller recover from this? It is the first time it has happened to me. I do not sell alot of items on Ebay but I have never knowingly sold Fake merch. 

I have tried to write the the buyer, even offered a refund but have not heard anything back. 

I am thinking my only recourse is to close my account?

I appreciate any help! 

Regards, 

Lulu

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Accused of selling fakes

I wouldn't close the account, if you do you will have to start over with selling limits and 21 day hold on PayPal funds when selling from a new account.

The same feedback situation can happen to your new account also, so learn to adapt to the negative feedback. You should respond to the feedback but be polite and factual,

NOT FAKE, the Wrangler jeans sold were 100% genuine and NEW with all Tags attached (see photos).

OR

The Buyer never contacted me about any problems. The Wrangler jeans sold were 100% genuine and NEW with all Tags attached (see photos).

At some point every Seller will experience a problematic Buyer so learn to adapt to the negative criticism and keep providing quality service to new buyers.

Always try and protect yourself, if a buyer makes an offer, review their "feedback left for others" and look for a lot of neutrals or negative comments before deciding to do business with the person. 

If you feel they might be a problematic then ignore their offer and add them to your "Blocked Bidders List".

You could also call eBay Customer Service and see about having the Feedback removed. You will be fighting an uphill battle but it's worth a shot....

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Accused of selling fakes

It would be premature to close your account.

Contact your buyer and wait for a response. If the buyer believes they have fake Wrangler jeans, logically one would expect they want to Return them. Ask for a Return. Don't just refund.

In the meantime, leave a Follow-up to the Feedback Received. Maybe something like, 'Not Fakes! Would facilitate Return if buyer requested.'

Perhaps another member here will have better advice for better wording for a follow-up. You have two negs there so you can reply with two different phrases.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

I wouldn't close the account, if you do you will have to start over with selling limits and 21 day hold on PayPal funds when selling from a new account.

The same feedback situation can happen to your new account also, so learn to adapt to the negative feedback. You should respond to the feedback but be polite and factual,

NOT FAKE, the Wrangler jeans sold were 100% genuine and NEW with all Tags attached (see photos).

OR

The Buyer never contacted me about any problems. The Wrangler jeans sold were 100% genuine and NEW with all Tags attached (see photos).

At some point every Seller will experience a problematic Buyer so learn to adapt to the negative criticism and keep providing quality service to new buyers.

Always try and protect yourself, if a buyer makes an offer, review their "feedback left for others" and look for a lot of neutrals or negative comments before deciding to do business with the person. 

If you feel they might be a problematic then ignore their offer and add them to your "Blocked Bidders List".

You could also call eBay Customer Service and see about having the Feedback removed. You will be fighting an uphill battle but it's worth a shot....

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

my guess is the buyer is trying to get these items for free.. claiming they are fake.. i would stand my ground, and show they are new with tags.. then i would call ebay and paypal and explain that they are not fake, and let them deal with the clown..

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

Is it possible the buyer expected vintage jeans to fit like new ones and then threw a fit when they did not, claiming fake as opposed to admitting the problem lay with their own fat butt?

Regardless, no refund without return.

I'd be suspicious of the buyer's Feedback Left For Others and/or history of claims.

Definitely worth calling eBay to Report this person.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

Nasty.

Since the buyer is not cooperating with your offer of a refund or with your request to change the FB, I would certainly call eBay .

Especially if her FB left for others is equally nasty.

You can leave a Response indefinitely, both to your own FB and to hers.

The most effective Respoonses are calm and factual.

"Offered refund on return of NWT jeans. Preferred to keep pantsl" for example.

As you know, your feedback does not affect your selling account, but is important public relations, read by your future customers.

Is she by any chance also a seller? If so, mention that to Customer Support.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

I checked his account and he did not have very many purchases and not much Feedback, mostly seller's leaving him feedback. But when I checked to see if he left feedback I couldn't find any.
I am gonna be more diligent in the future so I this doesn't happen again.

I appreciate your input and taking the time to make a comment. Thank you!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate the encouragement, it was much needed!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Accused of selling fakes

Thank you all for your feedback and comments. I really appreciate the help!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply