Any way possible to get rid of shopping cart

I have too many different types of items that weigh differently and it was much easier before ebay added the shopping cart. It makes it difficult to combine the shipping......or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

What's the easiest way to build a shopping cart with different shipping costs for different items...

for example

Jersey: $25

Hockey Card Lot: $5

Hockey Puck: $8.36

Coaster:  $8.36

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

oldjerseys.com4 wrote:

I have too many different types of items that weigh differently and it was much easier before ebay added the shopping cart. It makes it difficult to combine the shipping......or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

What's the easiest way to build a shopping cart with different shipping costs for different items...

The old way was that buyers had to "commit to buy" then wait for a new invoice that reflected the combined shipping rate. 

You can still have that by listing on dotCA and say in your listings that you offer combined shipping.  Buyers put items in their cart, REQUEST TOTAL, and wait for an invoice like in the old days. 

If you list on dotCOM you will need to set up your shipping to offer 'combined'.  Just put a bunch of assorted things into a box and guess, like "$1.00 for each additional item", or "$2.50 for each additional item", whatever. 

A single card and maybe more and other things can go with a Jersey  or similar at no extra cost at all so after the buyer pays you can always refund the extra postage.  A small refund is a much better way to get a happy delighted buyer than overcharging and pocketing the extra. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ok I do list mostly on ebay.ca but how do i change my preferences both in MY EBAY and in Turbo Lister because the old way is much better.....
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

oldjerseys.com4 wrote:

I do list mostly on ebay.ca but how do i change my preferences both in MY EBAY and in Turbo Lister because the old way is much better.....

I have never used Turbo Lister so I can't advise on that but what I would suggest is you ask any questions you have about it on Seller Central because it is easier to get a "conversation thread" of questions & answers (much MUCH better than "the answer center") and I know there are Turbo users there.  

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/213

Message 4 of 4
latest reply