Buyer wants partial refund after damaging item herself.

Can anybody help me with this one. A buyer from Italy bought an item from me and then accused me of changing auction listing and upping the shipping costs. Didn't read the TOS properly no doubt. And there is no way I can change a listing after an auction ends and explained that to her. She agreed to pay shipping costs to Italy. Her tone though was I'll get you when the item comes in.

2-3 weeks later she saying item is not as described and all dismantled. She now wants a refund for the item at least. Item was not like that when I shipped it to her.

After 2 days of this, she is now down to a refund of $20.00 so she can get it fixed as opposed to $40.00 she paid. She was a problem from the word GO that one.

I can refund the $20. but that doesn't mean it will fix things or she won't leave some nasty feedback. She didn't win one way so she is trying something else. 

What do I do with this??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tell her to return it for a full refund.

When she complains about the cost of returning it, tell her to return it for a full refund.

When she opens a Dispute tell ebay/:: that when theitem is returned you will make a full refund.

When she doesn't return the item, she loses the Dispute, you keep the money and neither of you can leave feedback.

Not sure where this leaves 'defects' however.  Be prepared to appeal with the messages she has left you already.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tell her to return it for a full refund.

When she complains about the cost of returning it, tell her to return it for a full refund.

When she opens a Dispute tell ebay/:: that when theitem is returned you will make a full refund.

When she doesn't return the item, she loses the Dispute, you keep the money and neither of you can leave feedback.

Not sure where this leaves 'defects' however.  Be prepared to appeal with the messages she has left you already.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you. I was thinking of giving her the $20. just to get rid of her but it won't do as she can still leave me a negative.

She didn't like shipping costs of $38. as opposed to $20. because she didn't bother reading TOS.

Now I am sure she dismantled the elastic inside the doll which is easy enough to put back together or replace with a bit of know how in the hope that I would fall for that. I am not totally ignorant in what I sell.

She started out wanting me to refund the price of the doll. Now she has lowered her amount to $20.00.

Thank you. You answered my question.

Item was not defective when I shipped it. She was a problem from day 1. Have to walk on tippytoes on here
Message 3 of 3
latest reply