Can I get 50 free listings ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

The restriction on the number and value of listings by a new (or occasional) seller is both a Buyer Protection (against sketchey sellers who take the money and run) and Seller Protection (against scammers who cheat naive newbies in oh so many ways).

As a new seller in a high fraud category, it is probably not a good idea to list that 30card/$400 set.

When you have established yourself as a reliable seller you will be allowed more listings. You can ask for this once a month.

As a rule of thumb, avoid high value/high fraud listings until you have 10 DSRs and know what DSRs mean.

And those 50 Free Listings? Once you can use them all, you can get another 50 Free by listing on both dotCA and dotCOM. There are quirks and tricks to listing on both sites, but they are easily learned.

Best wishes on your new venture.

As a new seller, there are limits to the amount of listings you can create. Yes, eBay offers a promotion of 50 free listings a month, BUT if your selling limit is under 50, you will not be able to create more listings than allowed in your selling limits. (You should be able to see your selling limits on the same page where you see the promotion for 50 free listings.)

As a zero feedback ebay member, you will have to prove yourself as being trustworthy as a seller before ebay will lift your selling limits. 

This is also to your benefit. Unethical buyers know zero feedback sellers may be easy targets for scams, theft or extortion. Selling limits are for your own good. Both in terms of value of items and number of items.

If you opened a new account to sell so that your buying accounts and selling accounts are separate, use the other to sell and this one to buy. If you've really never bought on ebay before, you should start. It will give you a much better understanding of how the site works. And it will install confidence in you where your potential buyers are concerned. I had a feedback count of 177 when I listed my first time and even then I had a lot left to learn. 

yes, mountly yes. did you use all already?