Can a unhappy buyer leave a negative without first communicating with the seller...

I sold a small inexpensive item and received a negative feedback from the buyer....She did not communicate her displeasure to me directly it was only through her negative feedback comment that I learned that she was unhappy. According to her it was Not as described so she could have filed to receive her money back and I also accept returns...The buyer is also in Canada and the item could be mailed for the price of a couple stamps...anyhow...this buyer is quite free with the negs and neutrals...I counted more than a dozen in her Ebay history...I filed with Ebay to have the feedback removed but it has been several days and so far nothing...my questions are

1. do I have a case 

2. how long does it take for ebay to render a decision ( i have never had a negative in over 2000 transactons)

3. will i be told of the outcome or do I wait and check my feedback every day to see if it is gone or not

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can a unhappy buyer leave a negative without first communicating with the seller...

First, put the buyer on your Blocked Bidder List.

Yes, she can leave any feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings (actually the greater problem, have you checked those?) without contacting you.

and the item could be mailed for the price of a couple stamps.

No, actually she would have to use a tracked service like Regular Parcel, currently $13.64 at National prices, for a 50 gram package, unless she trusted you. With many negs left, my guess is that she always thinks the worst of everybody and would want to opt for tracking, which is necessary with a Dispute.

Is she a reseller, I wonder? She may, in her tiny nasty excuse for a mind*, think that slagging other sellers makes her look better.

Sorry, no experience with feedback reversals, just a busybody.

*Not to be judgemental or anything.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I called ebay about this and got a rep who was pleasant but not very helpful....she basicly said the buyer is with their rights to leave the feedback as it is their opinion...and the buyer is not obligated to communicate prior to doing so...she said I should reach out to the buyer and possibly get her to change her mind...I said that was not an option...anyhow the neg is still there so I assume it is permanent..today Ebay sent me the form letter asking me to do the 2 minute survey re,,,my experiences with their help desk...here is what I replied ...

there was nothing wrong with the experience per se...but I know that I will not have a favorable outcome and frankly I have become disillusioned with the entire ebay experience as a seller...I am currently in the process of investigating other venues to continue my online selling business...at the risk of sounding redundant...a member who has a feedback score of about 200 as a buyer and who has left approximately 40 negatives in her ebay history is allowed to leave me a negative without communicating to me and allowing me the opportunity to fix the problem...in her opinion the item was not as described so she and the same day she left me a neg and two other sellers got neutrals...I was told by the ebay rep that it was her opinion and she was within her rights to leave a negative...what is the point of offering refunds ...and what is the point of trying to maintain good feedback...the entire ebay feedback system is laughable...except I am not laughing!!!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply