Can one negative feedback ever be removed from a decade long perfect 100% record?

Buyer received item damaged in transit. Buyer requested partial refund, immediately sent to appease him. Nevertheless, I, the seller received my first negative feedback on eBay after 1000 transactions in 10 years. Buyer refuses my request to revise the feedback.

What are my options for having eBay reinstate my perfect record?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can one negative feedback ever be removed from a decade long perfect 100% record?

Well, if you wait for 12 months, it will age out and no longer show on your feedback page.

You added a calm and professional Response, and future customers will see that and the positive FB left by other buyers.

If you do some buying with sellers who leave immediate feedback, that will improve the 98% FB percentage, although most buyers foolishly think that is still an A+. No harm in getting it up to 99% as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"Buyer refuses my request to revise the feedback"

Once the buyer refuses the request to revise feedback, that is the end of the line.

On the bright side, the negative feedback drops off after twelve months.

"seller want buyer to claim w/ USPS"

If that actually happened, it was a bad choice and it may have led to that negative feedback.  Sellers always carry the responsibility to get the goods to buyers.  If a claim needs to be made because of damage while in transit (or loss), the claim has to originate with the sender (seller) always!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Well, if you wait for 12 months, it will age out and no longer show on your feedback page.

You added a calm and professional Response, and future customers will see that and the positive FB left by other buyers.

If you do some buying with sellers who leave immediate feedback, that will improve the 98% FB percentage, although most buyers foolishly think that is still an A+. No harm in getting it up to 99% as soon as possible.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply