Canada Post International Surface Parcel

I sent something via Canada Post International Surface Parcel and there's a chance that the item might be delivered past the date for the buyer to submit a claim. If the buyer submits a claim, I will automatically lose as the tracking code I have provided has not shown "movement" or change within 20 days (sent on August 10th). I messaged the buyer and told him that it may take a month or longer (after payment, which was stupid of me) and the buyer said he understood and that it's okay. If the item arrives after I lose the dispute, is there any way for PayPal or eBay to help me get the payment back again? Or does it all depend on the goodwill of the buyer?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Goodwill of the buyer.

International surface mail and paypal's dispute time limit are NOT a good mix.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Don't panic.

You do have a tracking number, so give that to Paypal IF there is a claim. And it is an IF, not a WHEN.

That should give you another 20 day extension on the dispute.

But, yeah, if you can't show that it is delivered, by the end of the dispute period, you will have to refund. It is a good idea for you to refund (ouch ouch ouch) rather than PP, who would give you black marks and chase you down for the money in any case.

Keep on friendly terms with your buyer. Watch the tracking. Don't worry about the lack of movement, these barcodes are only scanned when the parcel is at a new destination. Right now it probably is moving, on a container ship somewhere on the bounding deep.

Even if you do refund, keep an eye on the tracking. When you see it has arrived, invoice the customer again through Paypal. There is a very good chance that he will pay, since most people are honest, as long as you make it simple for him to do so.

And now you know why Surface is such an expensive way to ship. It's not the cost, it's the refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply