Did anyone experienced problems with shipping notification to buyers?

My two last international buyers didn't receive notification that their parcel was sent. I didn't receive the notification neither. I usually receive it in my email box.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

$rex$
Community Member

As a Canadian seller I have experienced the same problem since the end of July. I purchase my postage from canada post through the shipping link on ebay to paypal to canada post link. Sounds complicated but its really simple. I suspect the issue may be the ebay paypal link since they are now separate entities. I havent contacted either paypal or ebay yet hoping it was a temporary glitch in their system. I now have to manually enter the canada post tracking number to the ebay item shipped line at auction end, item paid for. The problem now is, even though I enter the proper tracking number, the link still doesnt take you to canada post tracking but simply returns you to the page you just left. Not sure how to go with this one.

$rex$

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If you mean the email notice from paypal shipping that used to state that 'you have purchased postage on paypal shipping via Canada Post' then I haven't either. Not since late last week. I don't know what changed but I always kept those email as proof of purchase for my own bookkeeping. When I went to my paypal account to look at whether some preferences had changed, I could find nothing. My suspicion is that this is a paypal problem. I'd like those email back. It may be necessary to call paypal for insight. That would be my next step.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes I mean the email from Paypal. Weird thing happen to me Today...I've receive the notification from Paypal for a parcel that I've internationally shipped last week... So I guess indeed it's a Paypal problem and they are now fixing it! I hope it will be back to normal, I've also keep these email for my book keeping. Thanks for your answer!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You're welcome. I too received my missing 'you have printed a shipping label' emails from payapl this afternoon. It must have been a bug. I might point out that I also received an email from Canada Post stating their website will be down Friday night to Sunday night NEXT weekend. The last time this happened, paypal shipping to Canada Post was also down.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/business/details.page?article=2015/08/12/website_and_web_serv...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Good I guess it fixed now!
Thanks! I've received it too...two full days... they are doing big maintenance I guess...
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

$rex$
Community Member

As a Canadian seller I have experienced the same problem since the end of July. I purchase my postage from canada post through the shipping link on ebay to paypal to canada post link. Sounds complicated but its really simple. I suspect the issue may be the ebay paypal link since they are now separate entities. I havent contacted either paypal or ebay yet hoping it was a temporary glitch in their system. I now have to manually enter the canada post tracking number to the ebay item shipped line at auction end, item paid for. The problem now is, even though I enter the proper tracking number, the link still doesnt take you to canada post tracking but simply returns you to the page you just left. Not sure how to go with this one.

$rex$

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Actually, $rex$ raises another good point. It seems as if the tracking numbers are not automatically uploaded anymore to the sales manager/sales records when each label was printed through paypal shipping via Canada Post. At first, for me, this seemed like a sporadic glitch but now it is regular. Are you experiencing this as well?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Mmh it's good to know. I haven't sent anything with a tracking number for a while. I'll check it next time for sure. Thanks
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Mmh it's good to know. I haven't sent anything with a tracking number for a while. I'll check it next time for sure. Thanks
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

As of yesterday afternoon, it seems like everything went back to normal. Three cheers.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply