Non paying bidder,lied,admitted to being 13 years old and left negative feedback for me

I recently had a BMW motorcycle listed on E bay. I am an E bayer since 2001 and have 100% positive feedback on 344 plus transactions. A bidder hit the reserve on my motorcycle. The bidder did not pay. The bidder lied about his or her reason for not paying. The bidder left an abusive language message for me using the words"**bleep**" and "**bleep**".  The non paying bidder stated in a message to me that they just wanted to mess with my account.The non paying bidder then left me negative feedback which E Bay removed after four hours of research etc. E bay said they will mark the non paying bidders site as a non paying bidder. There is nothing on this13 year olds account that an e bayer can readily see[the non paying bidder stated in an e mail that they are 13 years old] I feel that E bay has not dealt with this seriously enough and I feel weird about the apparent lack of action on E bays part. Has anyone had an experience like this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Non paying bidder,lied,admitted to being 13 years old and left negative feedback for me

First , I really do sympathize with your annoyance.

Now, have you added this little twit to your own Blocked Buyers List? Do so.

Did you open an Unpaid Item Dispute? Do so. You will get your selling fees back and the deadbeat will have a Strike on his account. This will prevent him from bidding with thousands of other bidders and may discourage him. Children have short attention spans.

When you relist, you can add to your Buy It Now option Immediate Payment Required, and the listing will stay open unless the buyer actually pays. You can also set your Seller Preferences to Block bidders who do not have Paypal accounts. Since to get such an account the member must be at least 18, this will also be helpful. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First , I really do sympathize with your annoyance.

Now, have you added this little twit to your own Blocked Buyers List? Do so.

Did you open an Unpaid Item Dispute? Do so. You will get your selling fees back and the deadbeat will have a Strike on his account. This will prevent him from bidding with thousands of other bidders and may discourage him. Children have short attention spans.

When you relist, you can add to your Buy It Now option Immediate Payment Required, and the listing will stay open unless the buyer actually pays. You can also set your Seller Preferences to Block bidders who do not have Paypal accounts. Since to get such an account the member must be at least 18, this will also be helpful. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You've been on ebay since 2001 and you didn't know about filing unpaid item disputes against non payers?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Once you file and close a dispute, the buyer cannot leave feedback.

Always add non payers to your blocked bidders list and set your buyer requirements to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months, who do not have a paypal account, who live in countries you do not ship to, who have 4 or more policy violations in the past 6 months or who have a feedback score of -1 or less.

"I feel that E bay has not dealt with this seriously enough and I feel weird about the apparent lack of action on E bays part. "

Have you reported them through the proper channels? Ebay will not know they are underage unless you report them.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/identity-underage-users.html

Of course they could be lying about being underage. It doesn't matter. Report them anyway and keep the email which they said they were only 13.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Very helpfull tips especially the PayPal account, no PayPal no bid.

One thing I was wondering about was the ability to see that an e bayer has been marked as a non payer. I can not see it anywhere on the non paying bidder's account.

thanks again.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply