Free Promotional Listings with store?

Hello,

have been thinking of opening a store. However, curious whether one still gets Free Promotional Listings with a store?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You get whatever Store Subscription Listings have been designated as 'free' with that subscription level instead of the 50 free you would as a non-subscriber.

If you open a store like I have, it's 1000 BIN on ebay.ca and another 1000 BIN on ebay.com with extras costing 10 Cents each. (Plus a pile of Auctions almost no one uses.) The 'free' is a misnomer for Store Subscribers because you are paying for a store which gives you those listings for 'free' but operating under a store gives you other perks like Markdowns and being able to organize your listings by Storefront Category. 

I've got the second tier store on a yearly contract which is less expensive than monthly.

Regardless, there's almost no point to having a store until your listing limits have been lifted if you are a new seller.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 2.20.56 PM.png

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Isn't store sellers only pay 0.08 usd per listining?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yes you still get your 50 Free Listings.

Then you get 'a number' of supposedly Free Listings, depending on the type of Store.

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

I say supposedly because you are paying monthly a subscription fee for those 'free' listings.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You get whatever Store Subscription Listings have been designated as 'free' with that subscription level instead of the 50 free you would as a non-subscriber.

If you open a store like I have, it's 1000 BIN on ebay.ca and another 1000 BIN on ebay.com with extras costing 10 Cents each. (Plus a pile of Auctions almost no one uses.) The 'free' is a misnomer for Store Subscribers because you are paying for a store which gives you those listings for 'free' but operating under a store gives you other perks like Markdowns and being able to organize your listings by Storefront Category. 

I've got the second tier store on a yearly contract which is less expensive than monthly.

Regardless, there's almost no point to having a store until your listing limits have been lifted if you are a new seller.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 2.20.56 PM.png

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Or do you mean the free Promo Offers that come around sporadically? Almost no one gets any of those anymore. Only casual sellers whom ebay is trying to rope in. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thank you! This is good to know. How bout the Promotional listings we sometimes get like, list up to 1000 "buy it now' listings for a limited time?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Almost no one gets those. Ebay limits those offers to people who they are trying to lure into selling, or in Categories where they hope to populate more offerings.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hello,
thank you, this is good to know. I did get 2 last month, but usually only get one a month. Nothing this month though...
Weird that a store does not get them too....
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, I may try the Basic for a few months and take it from there.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Sorry, just one more question. Do you have two stores - one on ebay.ca and one on ebay.com? Or is it one store/cost (i.e. premium) and 1000 fixed price listings on ebay. ca plus 1000 on ebay.com, etc?
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have only one store. It's second tier, you should definitely start with the Basic Store to see how it fits your budget. It costs less and gives you 250 BIN ebay.ca and 250 BIN ebay.com with another 250 Auction if you like on each.

All Canadian sellers are allowed the same allotment of listings regardless of the amount on ebay.ca as well as ebay.com. On ebay Canada, they have to be CAD and can be sent via Calculated Shipping while on ebay.com they have to be USD and can only be set-up under Flat-Rate. There is a logic to choosing which items you list on which site; parcels should be set-up on ebay Canada while oversize lettermail or light packet should go to ebay USA.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Wonderful, thank you so much!! You have been very kind to me. Definitely going for first tier store in June
Message 13 of 13
latest reply