HOW CAN I START TO SELL MY THINGS? I DONT KNOW HOW TO START

da.rache
Community Member

I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO START TO SELL MY CLOCKS AT EBAY. HOW CAN I START? WHERE I CAN LEARN FOR IT ON HOW TO SELL?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There are many excellent how-to's and tutorials on how-to-sell within the Help pages on ebay but the first thing I'd suggest is to get a few transactions under your belt as a buyer. This is for practical reasons. First, you will learn how it works from the perspective of the people you hope to please which is very important to your long-term success. Second, it will give you a feedback score which will inside greater confidence when a buyer looks to make a purchase from you. Don't spend a bundle to start. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Two tips.

Don't use all caps. It is 'internet etiquette' for shouting and very rude. It is also hard to read.

You can increase the font size if you want larger letters.

When you start selling, be aware that Paypal will Hold your customer's cleared payments against your good service for 21 days. This is not personal, it is Buyer Protection.

But.

You can use those Held funds to pay for PP shipping labels. In some cases, PP labels are 5% to 18% lower than PO counter prices.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

All caps are very off putting and unprofessional from a sales (or advice-asking) perspective. You basically set up an account, snap some photos of what you're selling and make an ad. It's pretty easy to follow along with.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Here is one of the tutorials I was talking about:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/learn-to-sell-online/how-to-sell.html

Message 5 of 5
latest reply