Harassment by another member....?

I have somehow evoked the ire of another ebay user who has decided to make it their life's work to comb through my listings and tell me how stupid I am for some aspect of them.... repeated messages to this effect. The person was weeks ago added to 'blocked buyers list' but that doesn't stop them somehow from Asking Seller a Question about any item listed. (They're not actually a buyer, as we have never had a transaction together.) I've called ebay about this but I want to pose the question to experienced sellers in terms of how best to carry forward and/or protect myself from an escalation of this person's behaviour. I've never replied to any of the messages received but they don't seem to be getting the point. Are there not supposed to be limits to how many messages a member can send via Ebay Messages in a day to people to whom they have no business dealings? I'd like to know. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Don't answer the questions.

Don't open the messages.

Tell your personal email supplier to block this person's messages.

Life is too short to deal with nitwits. Communication can be overrated.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was going to read a couple of your listings to see if there was anything that might have set the nitwit off, but Holy Flying Spagetti Monster! Does anyone ever read all that!

My only thought is that your avatar is female and sometimes that attracts the same kind of trolls who attack gamergirls and cosplayers at Cons.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Each ebay email has a "report this email" link. Make sure you report that annoying person's emails.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Don't answer the questions.

Don't open the messages.

Tell your personal email supplier to block this person's messages.

Life is too short to deal with nitwits. Communication can be overrated.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was going to read a couple of your listings to see if there was anything that might have set the nitwit off, but Holy Flying Spagetti Monster! Does anyone ever read all that!

My only thought is that your avatar is female and sometimes that attracts the same kind of trolls who attack gamergirls and cosplayers at Cons.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Good points.

I was excited when eBay announced they would give sellers sections for their various policies so that I could move some of that text to places where it doesn't slap buyers in the face all at once. But the feature hasn't yet come to ebay.ca as far as I can tell. Some people do read it. I hide easter eggs in there sometimes just to amuse myself.

I hadn't thought it was the avatar that might have provoked it. Perhaps I should change it to a photo of an angry old, man and see if that helps matters. Hah!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I agree. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I certainly notice a difference when I post with this avatar which implies that I am male than when I post with another which appears to be female. Annoying.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Each ebay email has a "report this email" link. Make sure you report that annoying person's emails.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sad, isn't it? I'm unsure as to whether the person who is harassing me is male or female and I have reported EVERY single message (now nine) yet nothing stops them.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply