Hi I am a newbie canadian seller - should i use usa currency or canadian currency

Hi Just looking for advice for a newbie - As a canadian seller should I use usa currency or canadian currency.

? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each currency? What would be the cheapest canada post shipping option for my buyers?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi I am a newbie canadian seller - should i use usa currency or canadian currency

@bentley65 wrote:

Hi Just looking for advice for a newbie - As a canadian seller should I use usa currency or canadian currency.

? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each currency? What would be the cheapest canada post shipping option for my buyers?

If you list on ebay.ca you list in Cdn$ and can use calculated shipping for Canada Post

If you list on ebay.com you list in US$ and must use flat rate shipping

Cheapest Canada Post depends on what you plan to ship.

Up to 2cm thick, and up to 500g you can use oversize lettermail.

051-100g .. 1.80
101-200g .. 2.95
201-300g .. 4.10
301-400g .. 4.70
401-500g .. 5.05

Otherwise you have to send it as a parcel and the cheap way for inside Canada would be to buy your discounted shipping through paypal and select Canada Post's expedited parcel (tracked, $100 insurance included in the price).

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If your items are less than 2cm thick and 500 grams you can list on dotCOM using Flat Rate (or even Free*) shipping with no problems.

But if you are shipping parcels, rates vary not only with dimensions and weight, but also with distance.

Run a few of your packaged items through this :

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

I use 90210 as a default zipcode.

Bonus.

You get 50 Free Listings every month on dotCA

And another 50 Free Listings every month on dotCOM.

Not for a while because new sellers have some annoying restrictions on the number and value of their listings each month. But keep it in mind.

You already know about the Paypal Hold right?

*Don't Panic!

Free Shipping just means including the shipping cost in the asking price.

Which is cheaper?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

A $15 item with Free Shipping?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply