How can I tell if a buyer is a repeat customer?

I could have sworn about a year ago (but only one time) ebay showed that a buyer had purchased from me before.  I thought this was great, as I could leave correct feedback like "welcome back, great repeat customer, etc."

Since then, I've never seen it again.  I would really like to be advised when a buyer is back for a 2nd, third, 100th time.lol

Am I missing something or does ebay not provide this...is there another way I can tell or do I have to search each time in the feedback I would have left them in the past...but sometimes that's not doable if they have hundreds of purchases.

Please help as I think this would be an indispensable tool to have!  Anyone?  Thanks in advance if you can help!

Carla:)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I very much agree this would be a useful tool to have. If a buyer is coming back to the same seller more than once, then the seller (and ebay knows) that everything went well in those previous transactions. Plus, it would be nice to be able to acknowledge it to the buyer too. Like, 'thank you for your sixth purchase with us, here's a free (whatever) to show, in part, our gratitude for being so swell'. 

I think what you are thinking of is the line of text that appeared on Messages that said something like 'you have had x number of transactions with this member in the past 90 days' and I suppose that was there when a member sent a message that wasn't indicted to be about a specific item. 

That's my guess.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I very much agree this would be a useful tool to have. If a buyer is coming back to the same seller more than once, then the seller (and ebay knows) that everything went well in those previous transactions. Plus, it would be nice to be able to acknowledge it to the buyer too. Like, 'thank you for your sixth purchase with us, here's a free (whatever) to show, in part, our gratitude for being so swell'. 

I think what you are thinking of is the line of text that appeared on Messages that said something like 'you have had x number of transactions with this member in the past 90 days' and I suppose that was there when a member sent a message that wasn't indicted to be about a specific item. 

That's my guess.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

Why not email the buyer and ask them if they bought from you before?

Does your buyer have a low fb score? Look through their fb and see if yours is there.

Start a list document of everyone who buys from you (their user id). Do it alphabetically, so as not to get confused.

Hope this helps.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I too would like to be able to tell whether someone purchased from me before and how many times.  I have quite a few repeat buyers all over the world.  Maybe this would be a question/suggestion on the Wednesday forum to Raphael.  

Most of the time I have recognized the address and then had to search back through my feedback, buyers don't leave feedback anymore. 

I don't remember if ebay showed that this was a repeat buyer, but sure would help. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What about my idea 🙂

xeposter wrote:
Start a list/document of everyone who buys from you (their user id). Do it alphabetically, so as not to get confused.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you...it's too bad. I think that's something invaluable...wouldn't ya' think?

What you're describing seems to be what happened now that I think of it. That's too bad.

Thanks for your answer!:)
Message 6 of 6
latest reply