What do I do if the buyer wont respond to a cancelled item?

Hello,

I have a buyer that bought a bunch of things from me, I sent an invoice and waited for payment. It took me having to send another invoice a few days later before she finally asked if she could wait and pay well into the New Year. I said no, that I wasn't waiting 3 weeks to a month for payment.

She then waited a few more days and another message from me before asking if she could cancel some of her items.

I said that was fine and asked her which ones she wanted cancelled. I waited a few more days and when she failed to respond I went ahead and cancelled all of them. There was 8 items. She responded to 2 of the items, one she agreed to cancel, the other she didn't. Which is fine, but now it's been another 4 days and I have sent her messages and she is not responding to any messages or dealing with the other 6 opened cases. 

I am unsure of what my next move should be.

I can re-list these items and actually sell them to someone else until she makes a decision.

Do I just have to sit and wait?

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How did you 'cancel' her purchases?

If you just decided not to complete the transaction, and relisted the items, they are actually still open and she can pay at any time.

Uncomfortable is another more sensible customer has also paid for the item.

You have two ways to cancel transactions.

The Mutual Cancellation requires a helpful buyer. If a decision to cancel is mutual and pleasant, you go to the Resolution Centre up at the top of the page under Help and Contact.

The MC sends a request to agree to the buyer. If she does, the transaction is ended with no fallout and both can leave feedback.

If she ignores it (like you customer has a pattern of doing) it will end itself in about a week with no fallout to either and both can leave feedback.

I wouldn't use this because your flakey customer wants some of the items and not others and is both broke and indecisive. It's the feedback and the Detailed Seller Ratings you should worry about.

Instead choose "Unpaid Items" and follow through to a Claim as quickly as possible. She has four days to respond/pay. If she doesn't she gets a Strike (just one for all the items however) which makes it more difficult for her to bid in future. No feedback can be left.

In addition, put her on your Blocked Bidder List, found under Manage Bidders on the Site Map.

Go to your Seller Preferences and put an automatic Block on bidders with two Strikes in the past 12 months.

There are some other Blocks there for you to consider.

BTW, some sales are not worth having. This one has eyes bigger than her stomach and frankly will string you along for months if you let her.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How did you 'cancel' her purchases?

If you just decided not to complete the transaction, and relisted the items, they are actually still open and she can pay at any time.

Uncomfortable is another more sensible customer has also paid for the item.

You have two ways to cancel transactions.

The Mutual Cancellation requires a helpful buyer. If a decision to cancel is mutual and pleasant, you go to the Resolution Centre up at the top of the page under Help and Contact.

The MC sends a request to agree to the buyer. If she does, the transaction is ended with no fallout and both can leave feedback.

If she ignores it (like you customer has a pattern of doing) it will end itself in about a week with no fallout to either and both can leave feedback.

I wouldn't use this because your flakey customer wants some of the items and not others and is both broke and indecisive. It's the feedback and the Detailed Seller Ratings you should worry about.

Instead choose "Unpaid Items" and follow through to a Claim as quickly as possible. She has four days to respond/pay. If she doesn't she gets a Strike (just one for all the items however) which makes it more difficult for her to bid in future. No feedback can be left.

In addition, put her on your Blocked Bidder List, found under Manage Bidders on the Site Map.

Go to your Seller Preferences and put an automatic Block on bidders with two Strikes in the past 12 months.

There are some other Blocks there for you to consider.

BTW, some sales are not worth having. This one has eyes bigger than her stomach and frankly will string you along for months if you let her.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much for your help femmefan1946 and also for your advice. I really appreciate it.
Sellerjen14
Message 3 of 3
latest reply