How do I access the View Item Description Summary feature.

There is all this talk about making making listings mobile friendly. So I searched the help center to find out how to check my listings to see if they were. There was link which said View Item Description Summary feature but when you click on the link it says this page has been moved and to try accessing it from the home page. So I went to the the home page. I couldn't find the link there anywhere. If eBay insists on sellers making all these changes they could at least not make it so hard for sellers to find out how to do it. Yes I could call them but we know how time consuming and complicated that is. Frustrated doesn't even come close to how I feel right now. Can anyone tell me how to check within eBay to see if my listings are mobile friendly? Or do I have to use someone's phone and do it myself?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sorry I take that back, it wasn't what you were looking for...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

OK maybe try this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/tools/sell/mobile-friendly-test

* update* I tried it on one of my own listings and got an error so perhaps they have dropped it as a tool. I think you will have to use a mobile device to see what your listings look like. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

... Can anyone tell me how to check within eBay to see if my listings are mobile friendly? Or do I have to use someone's phone and do it myself?

I found:

http://www.ebay.ca/tools/sell/mobile-friendly-test

It requires you to cut and paste your listing number and is somewhat unreliable when pulling info. I checked a few and recent listings that I made using the new bulksell.ebay.ca selling form and those seemed to do best,

Also:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sell/itemdescription/mobile-friendly-guidelines.html

-..-

A big pain for those of us without a mobile phone (and data plan) to test.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I checked out the http://www.ebay.ca/tools/sell/mobile-friendly-test link. It says my listing is not mobile friendly because the content is wider than the screen width, It says to make sure your viewport is set correctly by copying and pasting this code into the viewport header if it's not there already. <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> Sorry for being a dummy but I don't know how to find the viewpoint header?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'm trying to revise one of my own listings that is not mobile friendly ... I have clicked on revise item from my list of items for sale and on the revise item page where I can type and change description etc I have clicked on : switch to HTML Editor and I see all sorts of fun codes in my listing now on the revision page ... I think that's where we have to stick in that meta name thingy
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ok my test now says my view port is good but my content is too wide for the screen ... I think I have to shorten the physical length of all of my sentences to make sure they fit on the mobile screen ..
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ok now I have taken all of the ************************************* I use to break up my shipping and return etc etc policies and now my listing passes the test. I didn't have to actually shorten my sentence length by using the enter key every 5 words, I just has to remove all of the fancy ****** stars I like to use.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ashleedawg
Community Member
@blackranda2 Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm wondering the same thing -- I just want a shorter / 'cleaner' version of item descriptions. The "optimized mobile version" of the description would be ideal, but I can't see find anywhere that to actually *see* the optimized version -- including on my mobile devices.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply