How do I get my book into ebays book catalog

From what I can tell, in order for customers to leave reviews (and have the reviews show up) the book must be listed in ebay;s "book catalog? 

How do I get my (self published) book into the 'book catalog'?

When I create a listing I use the ISBN number, but not sure if that's all I need to do.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@rdla.l.nmctokok3 wrote:

From what I can tell, in order for customers to leave reviews (and have the reviews show up) the book must be listed in ebay's book catalog? 

How do I get my (self published) book into the 'book catalog'?

When I create a listing I use the ISBN number, but not sure if that's all I need to do.

If you have an ISBN for the book. then a review "should" tie to that ISBN.

You should post this question in the weekly eBay chat

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

-..-

I'm not sure that it would do you any good.

Lots of titles are not in the catalogue, mostly pre-ISBN but also books published outside the USA.

Are many booksellers likely to be selling copies of your self-published book?

Even the ISBN.

I really doubt anyone specifically Searches by ISBN except to occasional completist who is looking for editions he does not already have*.

Add a couple of words to your title to describe the contents.

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS hcdj illustrated first US edition JONATHAN SWIFT  lilliput Aubrey Beardsley for example.

* I used to know a man who had so many different editions of Gulliver's Travels that he had to have the floors in his house re-engineered to take the weight.

Your first step should be to list your book.

Then someone can buy it, or if you have a friend with an eBay account, she can review it, with or without buying.

But you can't sell what isnt' listed.