I can't access the Paypal site. Has it been attacked like Twitter and other site today?

Just wondering if anyone else is able to access Paypal, or is it just me?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I can't access the Paypal site. Has it been attacked like Twitter and other site today?

This is unfortunately an outstanding issue for most ebayers and in fact anyone using Paypal across all platforms for the past ten days or so. There have been a number of threads dedicated to it on the Discussion Board and it even got so bad that ebay Canada itself issued an official Announcement about shipping labels not printing.  

Paypal has some stuff going on right now. 

We can only hope they get it together before the real holiday shopping rush starts. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hey there, I cannot login to PayPal at all either right this second - I get invalid DNS error - oh joy oh bliss 😞

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I did successfully only moments ago. It looks like this may be another one of those intermittent problems, or the kind that affects only certain users for no good reason.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

And, wow, I didn't realize until re-reading this thread that there was an actual widespread problem occurring today.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/10/21/cyber-attack-takes-down-east-coast-netflix-spotify-twi...
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

awesome 🙂 still no go for me ...
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Bummer. I'm sitting here doing nothing important and I can still access paypal but for people who probably actually need it, no dice.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@equalityrocks wrote:

Down at the moment, was working fine earlier in the day.

http://downdetector.com/status/paypal shows a big spike in problems this afternoon

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Message from paypal: "PayPal is experiencing brief interruptions in service due to a widespread issue with our DNS provider."

Now available again for me, but no need to use at the moment.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@equalityrocks wrote:

Netflix, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit, Etsy, PayPal (and now also Yahoo) were or are currently down today thanks to cyber attacks. Anonymous is supposedly claiming some of the credit, as retribution for the silencing of Assange by the Ecuadorian government. How hurting small business helps I have no idea. Now I can't say with 100% that this is a fact but that is what I have read so far. Frustrating!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply