I have 49 auctions running and want to go on 2 weeks vacation. Can I leave all my auctions running

I have 49 auctions running and want to go on 2 weeks vacation. Can i leave all auctions running and have shipping after I return if someone purchases something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Not a good idea.

Any auctions you have now that have no bids, just close them.

You will not get your listing fees back.

If you have bidders -- well now.

In hindsight, you should not have listed when you were already planning (or hoping) to vacation.

Sigh.

• You can cancel every bid, apologizing to your bidders. Realize they will not return. Now you can cancel your auctions.
  • You can let them run, and pray to all the gods in Asgard and Olympus that the winner will not be infuriated that you do not ship within 24 hours.

OR.

• You can wrap the items that do have bidders and take them along with you, planning to ship as soon as you know the winner. This might be tricky if your vacation is out of the country.

When you get back from vacation, relist the closed auctions.

BTW, with 49 listings you are pretty close to the economically viable number for a Store.

Store owners can hide their listings in Vacation Mode and a banner will appear on the Store telling potential buyers when they will return.

There are other perks.

http://www.subs.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

You may also learn why over 85% of listings are now Fixed Price rather than auction.