I have a unique (to me) situation.

A customer made two separate purchases. Each had two items. I combined their invoice and sent it to them. After a week I resent the invoice and also messaged them telling them if they had changed their minds to let me know so that I could have the transaction cancelled to recoup my fees and to relist.

That was yesterday. Today I find that they have paid...yay!!  Oops...they only paid for half. Yes really. Even though I sent them two invoices with both orders on it combined, totaling four items, somehow the transactions were uncombined and they paid for one order of two items. These items are of all the exact same thing, not that that will have bearing on anything I think.

So now I have two separate transactions showing in my sold folder, though the day before they were combined into one. I have a customer that has paid for only one of them. I took a screen shot and attached it to another message that I sent to the buyer today. I really don't know what is going on here. I have no qualms about cancelling one and sending the other however I am worried that the buyer will be confused or worse think I'm trying to scam them. This person is in the U.S. and has a score of 1. I know I shouldn't assume but this person also has a very foreign sounding name which may or may not mean they could have trouble with English.  I have never had an order uncombine itself before and with everything else going on with eBay lately who needs this? Help!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

He paid for one. You ship one.

Include a written personal note that says you noticed he had double ordered, but that since he paid for one, and had not responded to your eBay Message, you took the liberty of sending only the one he had paid for.

If he complains that he did not receive the second lot, you can show eBay or Paypal that he did not pay for it.

I probably would not worry too much about the eBay fees, they are probably lower than the cost of shipping the second lot separately, should be decide he wants it and pays, but you may be able to cancel it as 'Buyer's Request'.

Politely-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

He paid for one. You ship one.

Include a written personal note that says you noticed he had double ordered, but that since he paid for one, and had not responded to your eBay Message, you took the liberty of sending only the one he had paid for.

If he complains that he did not receive the second lot, you can show eBay or Paypal that he did not pay for it.

I probably would not worry too much about the eBay fees, they are probably lower than the cost of shipping the second lot separately, should be decide he wants it and pays, but you may be able to cancel it as 'Buyer's Request'.

Politely-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I went ahead and shipped the paid order. I did not include a personal note but I did message him again to explain the situation. I am leaning towards a double order that he did not realize happened. However there is the matter of the combined invoice I sent that magically became uncombined. That mystifies me still. I am going to wait a few days and if I hear nothing will try to cancel the transaction. I'm not overly worried though it seems there have been more eBay problems then normal lately. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply