I only have 2 bags listed, and I was listing a 3rd bag and ebay.ca said that I have reached my max?

Hello,

I am trying list a 3rd bag, but I'm not able to. Am I only aloud to listing 2 bags? I noticed people selling a lot more than 2 bags at the same time. I just have one more last bag to list and that's it. Can you help?

Thank you.

Alba Nadal

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I only have 2 bags listed, and I was listing a 3rd bag and ebay.ca said that I have reached my max?

Only with a possible explanation.

New (and occasional) sellers have many restrictions.

These are in place to protect the seller from scammy customers as they learn the ropes and to protect buyers from scammy sellers who take the money and run.

The probable reasons for this restriction are that you are selling in a high value/ high fraud category.

And the fraud is as common on the buyer side as on the seller.

The restrictions roll over every 30 days, I believe, so you should be able to list the third purse in March. You may be able to list other less expensive and/or less fraught items before that.

And as you get sales and feedback, you can request that restrictions be lifted. The usual recommendation is that you do this no more often than once a month.

Just to put you on notice, when your purse sells, and I hope you do well, your customer's cleared payment will be Held by Paypal for 21 days against your good service.

You can access some of this money to buy a PP shipping label. This is helpful because you will get a nice discount (5% to 17%) off PO counter prices. Use tracking/delivery confirmation.

If PP doesn't tell you that the payment has been received, do not ship. Don't believe anything except your PP account page.

Although the payment has not been released you are required to ship within 7 days of cleared payment.  Again use a tracked/ Delivery Confirmed service.

If a customer wants a cheaper service, say no. That is a classic scam. Add that member to your Blocked Bidder List.

I notice you are using Priority Post. You get the same protection at a lower cost with ExpressPost and Expedited Parcel.

Shipping is the hardest part of learning to sell on eBay.

Nice pictures by the way.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Only with a possible explanation.

New (and occasional) sellers have many restrictions.

These are in place to protect the seller from scammy customers as they learn the ropes and to protect buyers from scammy sellers who take the money and run.

The probable reasons for this restriction are that you are selling in a high value/ high fraud category.

And the fraud is as common on the buyer side as on the seller.

The restrictions roll over every 30 days, I believe, so you should be able to list the third purse in March. You may be able to list other less expensive and/or less fraught items before that.

And as you get sales and feedback, you can request that restrictions be lifted. The usual recommendation is that you do this no more often than once a month.

Just to put you on notice, when your purse sells, and I hope you do well, your customer's cleared payment will be Held by Paypal for 21 days against your good service.

You can access some of this money to buy a PP shipping label. This is helpful because you will get a nice discount (5% to 17%) off PO counter prices. Use tracking/delivery confirmation.

If PP doesn't tell you that the payment has been received, do not ship. Don't believe anything except your PP account page.

Although the payment has not been released you are required to ship within 7 days of cleared payment.  Again use a tracked/ Delivery Confirmed service.

If a customer wants a cheaper service, say no. That is a classic scam. Add that member to your Blocked Bidder List.

I notice you are using Priority Post. You get the same protection at a lower cost with ExpressPost and Expedited Parcel.

Shipping is the hardest part of learning to sell on eBay.

Nice pictures by the way.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you vey much! That was very helpful.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply