I see others have the same shipping problem in estimating charges for US & worldwide.but no resolve

searchmee
Community Member

My question is this: is there a way for Canadian sellers on ebay.ca

to include calculation of shipping to US & Worldwide into an ad?  

Does anyone know the right answer other than work arounds?

- I've had the same issues as others for the system NOT changing over after you PICK A NEW COUNTRY, and accepting a valid country postal code.  

- I've ensured that the package size and weight was acceptable.

- I've checked off all the appropriate places/boxes when setting up my shipping process but it does not translate into my ad.

(it also does not work from my side when posting an ad and running a check on the calculation system).

(Also... when programming the countries into the system ... there is no England or Great Britain option

AND it did not give any option for FedEx etc. to be included.... just Canada Post).

It appears that this is a problem in the system that ebay.ca does not want to address for Canadians.

Yes... you can calculate via email... one by one, buyer to seller,  but it does take more than just some minutes PLUS it does not give you the same discount that ebay arranged with Canada Post and the program does not allow to offer FedEx calculation either.

Time is Money & when in business, those lost minutes add up.

Thanks in advance and I hope I don't have to try getting through to ebay.ca for an answer.... and wait hours again with no resolve.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see others have the same shipping problem in estimating charges for US & worldwide.but no resolve

@searchmee wrote:
... it did not give any option for FedEx etc. to be included.... just Canada Post).

Blame FedEx.

FedEx has variable eBay discounts that only are available for some FedEx approved sellers.

While the Canada Post rate discounts via eBay/paypal are the same for all Canadian eBay sellers.

@searchmee wrote:
... when programming the countries into the system ... there is no England or Great Britain option

Yes there is, those are part of the UK (United Kingdom)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You cannot and should not add that information to your Item Description if you are asking. 

What you need to do is enter your data into the Shipping fields.

What are you having trouble with, exactly?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It would appear the problem is that you've got your Worldwide Shipping set up incorrectly.

Provide a screenshot of what you've done there and another seller will be able to help you.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@searchmee wrote:
... it did not give any option for FedEx etc. to be included.... just Canada Post).

Blame FedEx.

FedEx has variable eBay discounts that only are available for some FedEx approved sellers.

While the Canada Post rate discounts via eBay/paypal are the same for all Canadian eBay sellers.

@searchmee wrote:
... when programming the countries into the system ... there is no England or Great Britain option

Yes there is, those are part of the UK (United Kingdom)

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Looking at http://www.ebay.ca/itm/early-1900s-Butterscotch-Amber-Cigarette-Holder-/112337264671?

What shipping service did you pick for the USA?

What shipping service did you pick for the rest of the world?

Calculated shipping only uses Canada Post services.

ebay USA calc.jpg

To specify UPS or FedEX you must use flat rate (one price, not calculated).

-..-

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi and thank you for your help and advise.
I'll revisit the shipping options section this weekend.
Q. is there a vid etc. by ebay on how to set up shipping?

take care,
searchMEE
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks ypdc for the info.
It all helps. I'll look into it (ebays programming options) more along with info from CanadaPost about their available options.

You mention that the discounts provided by ebay/canadapost are the same for all.
I have a tier4 (40%+) discount rate with canadapost.
Can that be "used" in the ebay pricing program? If so, where do you program that>

Again, thanks for the info.
searchMEE
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Are you using metric measurements?

Have you noticed that the Shipping section of the Sell Your Item Form has a drop down menu that gives the option of Calculated Shipping?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

eBay discounts are in the tier 2/3 range the last time I checked. You can't specify that eBay display tier 4 discounts (which is only 40% off for some services). But you can set a discount for domestic/international rates when using calculated. To turn the option on: My eBay > My Account > Preferences > Shipping rate preferences -- this will allow you to give a discount off the retail rate.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

eBay shipping calculator (for a rough idea of shipping cost from eBay's viewpoint)
http://payments.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EmitSellerShippingCalculator
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

All good. Thanks. It's getting clearer now.
Take care
SearchMEE
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

A video tutorial on how to set-up shipping? If there was, I wouldn't know where to find it. Perhaps another seller can point you in the right direction if you pose it as a new question.

To my mind, you need to figure that out on your own because it's up to you to decide how and where you ship. No one can make those decisions for you. Plus it will depend heavily on whether you list with ebay. ca or ebay.com and use Flat-Rate or Calculated Shipping. It literally took me nine months of continually adjusting to get to a place I was comfortable and still I make changes from time to time.

One thing I will tell you is that if you want to ship that cigarette holder worldwide, you need to ensure it's importable to the countries to which you have it available. It may not be. You'll have to check it isn't on the Prohibited or Restricted list of places on your Ship-to list. For an imaginable variety of reasons. Every country in the world has their own. This is an invaluable link:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgIntDest-e.asp?letter=R%C2%A0
Message 12 of 12
latest reply