why not Cancel ebay Global Shipping Program IT SUCKS

Could you take off the import charges?  It actually costs more to pay import on ebay than it does at the post office.   I don't deal with anyone who has import charges because of the cost difference. Global Shipping Program IT SUCKS

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I will ask a seller if he will  ship other than global if he refuses I don't bid and he loses a customer permaently.I agree global sucks

but it will stay if buyers are willing to use it

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Doens't matter if buyers hate it, if sellers are signing up for it, it will stay.

The advantages for US sellers are that

-they only have to ship domestically, Pitney Bowes handles all the customs labels and international shipping charges,

-the seller gets a cheap international Confirmation of Delivery,

-and I believe they also get a reduced shipping Final Value Fee, one of the many fees sellers pay to eBay and Paypal. 

The import charges and sales taxes are not from the GSP, they are the costs of importing an item over $20. If you want that amount raised, and the US for example allows  $200 in imports before duty and tax kicks in, you should should write your Member of Parilament.

Letters to MPs do not need to be stamped. Write OHMS where the stamp would usually go.

The postal code for the House of Commons is K1A 0A6

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I do not buy either! I do not want to deal with Buyers with Global shipping program, but I cannot skip them on my search engine--very time consuming.

Also if you are a Canadian Seller who happened to join by mistake,  you are doomed. There is no more international listin--USA on your shipping option, for me yes, it seems forever. I asked help from eBay customer to rectify the problem-- no answer yet as of this moment and that problem has been filed since the Global program has started

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I will no longer be buying from sellers who use this program and adds import charges - I normally do not have to pay ANY import charges on the items I purchase - due to their low value. For higher value items, I would prefer to have the Post Office or UPS tack those charges on because they are more down to earth.....
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The restricted items or ineligible items for this program is huge , I encourage everyone to check and see if items they are buying are on this list. Being a coin collector I checked and coins and paper money are on the restricted list although finding someone who cares is a different story, strangely enough when I informed the sellers they either didn't know what I meant and "what was I trying to say" were the general answer. CASH GRAB
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm another Canadian buyer who avoids GSP sellers.  Occasionally I will contact sellers about it- they have no idea of the exorbitant fees that are being charged to Canadian buyers on their items.  I will mention that it is reducing their potential buyer pool significantly = lower auction prices.  I know of 2 US sellers who have since opted out of the program. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You'd rather pay $10 to Canada Post or $25 to UPS on your doorstep than $5 to Pitney Bowes in advance for the exact same service? Interesting.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This program is absolute GARBAGE SELLERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT AND BUYERS HATE IT .i WILL NOT bid if seller insists on using this ship method
Keith
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Unless it is a fairly expensive purchase we do not usually have to pay any duty charges as they are selected at random.
I have yet to see any Pitney Bowes advance charges for $5.00 it is usually between $20-30.00 ON TOP OF THE SHIPPING COST. They need do to away with this system, the only one making money is Pitney Bowes in the States and has nothing to do with out Canadian border charges which is decided at the Canadian border.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 11 of 11
latest reply