I wish to sell something worldwide, is personal info released to buyer through paypal like address?

2 REPLIES 2

I wish to sell something worldwide, is personal info released to buyer through paypal like address?

In short, yes, When you print a shipping label through paypal (or any other platform for that matter) your address is given. It has to be. Customs declarations require it. The same goes for any sales invoice that you send through ebay. It will have your address printed on the bottom. Sometimes a phone number is required as well and, of course, your email address to which payments are submit. No financial information is released. That stays confidential with paypal. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If online selling is a real security concern, you could get a PO box. They are fairly expensive, a couple of hundred dollars a year.

Note that many US sellers will not ship to PO Box addresses. This has nothing to do with the security of the boxes.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply